Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Dog and Gun...

I have just found out that I can post this at the 2000 pixel width size but I had to optimize it to get the file down to size,you can see quite a lot of the detail so I am quite pleased at this, On the advice of Matt ,I am keeping the original in Artrage as a PNG saved,and coverting to Jpeg and optimising to show it here,this is great news to me as I always wanted to post some more detailed stuff, and now we can......thanks for looking in.....Jack.
    http://jacktar51.cgsociety.org/
    Some of my artwork can be seen at the above link.......Jack.

Thanks for keeping at it! The latest more detailed version is brilliant! If you want to "go over the top," have at it.
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

Thanks Scott...Way back,a long time ago, I did a picture of the Admiral Benbow pub,and Mr D Akey ,myself and a few others got quite involved with it,various hilarious alterations took place,with other members taking part in the changes,including Fashmir's contribution,to mention just one,great fun it was,I dont remember if you were a member back then,do you remember it????,but eventually it ended up with the faces of a lot of the regulars in the picture,its a pity but I dont have the final picture copy,I think it was lost in my harddrive disaster....Thanks for the reply Scott,appreciate your support......Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by jacktar51 View Post
    Thanks Scott...Way back,a long time ago, I did a picture of the Admiral Benbow pub,and Mr D Akey ,myself and a few others got quite involved with it,various hilarious alterations took place,with other members taking part in the changes,including Fashmir's contribution,to mention just one,great fun it was,I dont remember if you were a member back then,do you remember it????,but eventually it ended up with the faces of a lot of the regulars in the picture,its a pity but I dont have the final picture copy,I think it was lost in my harddrive disaster....Thanks for the reply Scott,appreciate your support......Jack.
    You were the one who started this pic, and sadly I am responsible for all the other alterations. It was my tribute to the forum gang at the time. I incorporated all the avatars into your 'salon', hahah.

Hope you enjoy the memory and can capture this and safely save it to your hard drive.

It was a lot of fun.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

D Akey, what fun! I wasn´t a member back then, but I recognize nearly all the avatars--except the dancing girl. Maybe her avatar uses a different view.
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottF View Post
    D Akey, what fun! I wasn´t a member back then, but I recognize nearly all the avatars--except the dancing girl. Maybe her avatar uses a different view.
    Yeah, I started out just by putting heads on the figures that Jack already had in the pic to be silly. Then I started adding new stuff based on how the avatars would play out. As you can see some where not human, and others totally inanimate.

It just kept getting more and more populated, and there it sits. No place left to stand.

And the arse in the air was speggie's (a gentleman's) erstwhile avatar. And it was naked. When I first re-sized it to fit added flesh color, it was most noticeably without clothes and mooning the audience. Since there was no After Nine section I grew uncomfortable and, I put some bloomers on her. Gets a different kind of laugh this way.

The whole thing was not planned. Just sorta took off.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Oh Thats great D!!!!!!!!! ...thanks mate ,I have it safely copied away now in my pictures,Its lovely to look back on this,we did have some good laughs with it,and the GOLDBEAMER....I dont suppose you would have a copy of that by any chance???????????.... that was another of our " carry on painting "capers, most of the crew are still around but they dont come in much Scott,If your wondering what I am going on about, I also lost that in my hard drive crash....Thanks for that anyway much appreciated its nice to see it again....Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by jacktar51 View Post
    Oh Thats great D!!!!!!!!! ...thanks mate ,I have it safely copied away now in my pictures,Its lovely to look back on this,we did have some good laughs with it,and the GOLDBEAMER....I dont suppose you would have a copy of that by any chance???????????.... that was another of our " carry on painting "capers, most of the crew are still around but they dont come in much Scott,If your wondering what I am going on about, I also lost that in my hard drive crash....Thanks for that anyway much appreciated its nice to see it again....Jack.
    We can't forgets our birthday present, Precious, not the birthday present.

I ended up having to cover speggie's ass in this one as well. The vaulting upper end of the avatar "ended up" playing a cameo as the mermaids.

You're right Jack. Very fun. Can't recall who all touched this pic and added some stuff, but I seem to recall a few of us had our hands in this one.

So there's speggie, Enchanter, Selby, myself, yourself playing the birthday leprechaun or something, and I can't recall who was Darth Beamer. That avatar lasted a very short while.

I recall Dave Rage, the resident spambot hunter-killer, said he had his finger on the trigger to blast this one to smithereens. But he pulled out of his attack dive just in time and we were spared. Phew!

Man, we had way too much time on our hands.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by D Akey; 07-09-2008 at 09:38 AM.

Update3

Update...The Dog and gun... Managed to upload 2000 pixel version at 400+kbs....a bit better detail???...Jack,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dog and Gun Update..;..jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	343.8 KB 
ID:	18009  

Hello D ,... I am so delighted to get these pictures,safely tucked this one away as well...good job we dont all have hard drive problems , nice to see this again... Darth Vader was SPEGGIE,, .. he didnt have a proper Avatar at the time and he used that....great stuff D thanks for posting....Jack.