ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: man in snow

man in snow

Hi,

I'm still lacking a good name for the image. "Man in snow" is a little too obvious.

Please give me advice on how to go on. I like the image but it doesn't feel quite finished yet.

David
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I feel it conveys enough exactly how it is. The downward gaze, surrounded by the vast expanse of snow... If you want to convey confusion, despair, I would call it "Lost." If you want to convey curiosity, adventure, I would call it "Wanderer." But I think that a wanderer might have his head held high, not lowered in ... defeat? exhaustion? It seems to me to be a more sombre image.

Whatever you decide to name it, it's beautiful. I wouldn't add a thing.

- Gita

The only thing that crossed my mind when looking at the picture is that I wanted the man to be further to the right. I guess it is the basic rule of thirds idea -- I wanted more space for the man to walking into.

Very nice picture, by the way.

D.

Indeed, very nice.

To me, it seems as if he's looking at something on the ground. You could place a small object at the exact spot he's looking at -for example, maybe a teddy bear half buried in the snow- and the painting might feel more finished then. Just an idea...

emre

Hi and thanks a lot. Those are very good comments. I totaly agree with both of them. I will try placing the person more to the right. I already had the idea to place something at the spot where he's looking at, but couldn't think of anything good. A teddy bear is a very nice idea. Maybe I will come up with an idea myself...

i do not critic with this work.the technic is really mastering very sweet ,contrast is important the image gives a feeling;loneliness.very good!!!ka
    life art sweet sun child night body ocean clouds silk colors blood bones heart pain love art:life,if you want to show my all and very different works http://kaone.artblog.fr

I have implemented the ideas, but I don't really think it's much better. The mood isn't loneliness anymore, but unrealistic curiosity, and Loneliness was a stronger emotion.

what do you think?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Ooo I like the style and the feel of this one.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Hi Wheiraucher,

I think that's about finished.
    Lovely painting, much better for the composition change.

I look forward to the next one.
    Luck is infatuated with the efficient.

wonderful painting!

which ever way you composed it
    Enchanter
    Draw what you see!....not what you think you see!!
    My artist friend

We Must each think of ourselves as an endless work in progress ....Harley Brown