Thread: Error messages and older version

Gallery
    View images

Error messages and older version

About a year or so ago, I came across Artrage 1.0 (or 1.1, not sure which now). I downloaded and had a lot of fun with it, but sadly lost the program in a hard-drive crash.
    When I found the new version, I downloaded the free one but was disappointed to find that I can't run it. I have a fairly old pc , running Win98SE; but had two error messages when I tried to open the program; namely

1. artrage exe file is linked to missing export user32.dll updatelayered window

2. a device attached to the system is not functioning

I don;t know anything about user32.dll files, and can't imagine what the second error message is referring to. When I used the old program, I just painted on-screen with the mouse...crude maybe but got some interesting, loose-style images.
    Does anyone know what the error messages refer to and can anything be fixed? Is the older version still around? I know the developers would like to sell their new version, but until I get an upgraded machine, I can't consider it.

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Splodge.
    Version 2 of ArtRage makes use of some of the more advanced windows features which unfortunately aren't available in Win98 and earlier. Win2K and Win XP (and later) are the only operating systems supported by ArtRage 2, for the PC.
    There are still download sites with version 1, but you'll have to search around for them.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    Hi splodge, I've still got v1.1. Drop me a PM with an e-mail address, I'll put it online somewhere and e-mail you a link to download it.

- Gita (who'd no idea she still had v1.1. Cool.)

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by justG
    Hi splodge, I've still got v1.1. Drop me a PM with an e-mail address, I'll put it online somewhere and e-mail you a link to download it.

- Gita (who'd no idea she still had v1.1. Cool.)
    Hi

Can you plese telle me, where I can get ArtRage1.1, We only had win98.
    I hope you understand my english and you can help me

Cheers tico