ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Blending tools, a followup

Gallery
    View images

Blending tools, a followup

Sorry to post another thread on the same topic, but I wasnīt sure if anyone was drilling down in the other.

I have one other sugggestion as a followup to the earlier thread. It may be a sort of dumb observation--as in I was the only one to notice this after several projects when it was obvious to everyone else:

Try blending using the same brush size you used in the painting, at least at first. I tend to use very small brush strokes, and at first tried blending with a much larger tool size, trying to hurry along. The results werenīt that great. When I set the blend tool at the same size as the brush stroke, all became much smoother. It still takes forever, but thatīs how it works--at least for me.

Another suggestion: clean your screen before starting to blend. Once, I spent 15 minutes trying to smooth out a dark spot and checked all the layers. Then I noticed it was a smudge on my monitor.
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

Gallery
    View images
    I've used this technique ... pressure at 100, loading and thinner at 0. But yes, it won't clean your screen. :P

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottF View Post
    Another suggestion: clean your screen before starting to blend. Once, I spent 15 minutes trying to smooth out a dark spot and checked all the layers. Then I noticed it was a smudge on my monitor.

Get one of those squeegees they have at the gas station and a spritz bottle. It's good for all the moths that keep crashing into the glass because of the light. . . or perhaps it's because the paintings are so lifelike, they're fooled. Never had a chance to slow one down enough to ask what they're up to. Just SPLAT! and they're blended into the pic. I take it as an irony.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream