Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Seacane Station

Still laying in colors and details.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	seacane 06.JPG 
Views:	80 
Size:	229.8 KB 
ID:	17567  

Making more progress. The bus required some trail and error. & I may need to work on the station some more.As you can tell, I use a lot of layers and then merge them as each piece is completed.

Name:	seacane 07.JPG 
Views:	91 
Size:	225.6 KB 
ID:	17635  

well here is where I'm ending the weekend.

Name:	seacane 08.JPG 
Views:	80 
Size:	202.2 KB 
ID:	17654  

Nice progress. A real project. Has to feel of marking the steps so you can look back and remember. . . a paper trail as it were.

Is it producing the results you were after?

One thing I'm sure you're aware of is that camera lenses have different ways of dealing with space and so on. So if you paint on layers, you can resize based on how it feels in the final analysis. Other thing is to consider what you want to feature in your paintings, and how the other elements support or distract from the initial impact.

But I really get the impression of virtual reality watching you post your progress. It's almost as if we're in a roving camera and the picture changes the areas of importance as we get closer to something or farther away.

Very much a painter's trek.

Fun Jim. Good work.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Really starting to take shape Jim.. Looking forward to seeing it at completion..
    Click Upper Right To Visit My Gallery

nicely layed out..........waiting to see how u finish it
    Enchanter
    Draw what you see!....not what you think you see!!
    My artist friend

We Must each think of ourselves as an endless work in progress ....Harley Brown

Rick, Enchanter, D Akey... thanks for taking note.

D Akey, I always appreciate your comments, insights, criticisms, etc. they really help me grow. The painting is coming along. I need to make a few changes. I take some time sketching out a plan and checking against photo references.. not as a copy, but more to see if I've got the proportions down. And I'll look at the subject up close in person off an on as I find time, while I'm painting. I need to rework the wall on the left side of the building. my wife reminded me that this station is not exactly on a corner or intersection. The wall on the left is really a continuation of the track area that runs in a staight line by the station. The intersecting streets are not at a 90 degree angle to each other so i'll need to adjust. also i want to add some people, but i'm not that good with that yet, so i may need to compromise a little. also need to add some parked cars and traffic. I want to express the congested and busy feel that you experience coming and going from this place. at one time it must have been a rural stop, but now it in a crowded suburban community. and is a hubbub of activity.

This is all I had time for today.

Name:	seacane 09.JPG 
Views:	86 
Size:	210.1 KB 
ID:	17697  

This is coming along really well, I like it! It's also really useful for me to see the process people go through when painting something. As I work on the interface and workflow for future versions I'm always on the look out for ways to better support how people use the product, so I'm happy to see step by step descriptions like this.

Matt, I am honored that you have taken note of my work. I have used Art Rage now for about 3 years & I always "talk it up to my friends when I show my paintings. I like the layers and I use them alot during each work. In general this program has opened up a new avenue of self expression for me. And the forum is a great asset where I feel I met some new friends and it has helped me become an artist. Thanks.