Thread: First painting :D

Gallery
    View images

First painting :D

A friend of mine said that I had the same problem that anyone that starts painting, he says its too flat and one doesnt know from where the ligth is coming, that i need to enphasize lights and shadows.

Anyway its just my first try, trying the program and my new pen tablet, I never used it before.
    Anyway I want to hear what do you think too, what do I have to improve.
    Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tiempo.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	105.6 KB 
ID:	17466  

Gallery
    View images
    For a first try this is exceptional. The subtleties will come in due time. Keep at it and welcome to here.

Gallery
    View images
    Yes: its a very good begining!
    Excelent work!
    Regards from Chile
    "El arte no reproduce lo visible. Lo hace visible" Paul Klee

Gallery
    View images

Your painting

I like your painting alot nice concept and the feeling of ghostlike atsmosphere/death comes through very well

Gallery
    View images
    Your first try is already looks excellent to me. I like this composition too and the atmosphere from the color palette.

Gallery
    View images
    Interesting image... good first one for sure!

Gallery
    View images
    Nice job! Your friend is right though. Wish someone had told me that before I started painting.

Gallery
    View images
    First painting?! You mean on artrage, right? How long have you been painting?

Gallery
    View images
    Ohhwww most of us are afraid of contrasts, no worries there. It takes a while to get bolder. Every bit of clarity helps the viewer to read the image and sometimes even what goes on outside of it. That stuff is most of the time lighting, since we hardly ever paint the lightsource, too. So the more clear you can make the lighting, the more pleasant it gets to read the image. Also, consider the places where absolutely no light can get to anymore, not even the last bounce light. Those are sometimes just slithers or gradients with a very steap and sudden drop in brightness. Those help to read your forms more as well. If you know what to look for, you make check out a photo that shows similar setups or even take one yourself of something similar. It's to observe and learn. I more and more learn to appreciate it, while I used to hate the idea of it already. At the end it's about you understanding things and it's really your skill to isolate the very information you want to get and study it! If you have the patience, you can just look at things infront of you, but it requires a lot of mental disciplin. Sometimes taking a photo is a little easier, because you don't have to interpret so much. I prefer the first thing, looking at real life objects, but the recent "cat" frency made me work with photos and feels really interesting.

Anyway... GREAT START!