ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: making image on a transparent bg

making image on a transparent bg

Hi all
    i was wondering if its possible to draw something on a transparent background. it doesnt give that option when we click file>new painting. i mean i dont want that canvas on the bg. just an image on transparent bg so that its easily portable on any bg i want later.
    Is there any other way?
    Last edited by bubblez; 06-25-2008 at 07:42 AM.

Sure. All you have to do is right click on the layer and go to "Edit Paper Settings" and turn the opacity dial to zero.
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

thanks. i am just feeling so lost here in AR. i have tried many graphic designing s/w and usually make my way out at most of 'em, but this is something really new. one more thing, i have the 2.5.19 version. Is it the latest one? if not, what is the exact newer version? on the homepage it just says 2.5 Plus.

Thanks once again

The current version I'm running is 2.5.20. While in ArtRage try pressing ctrl+u on a PC cmnd+u on a Mac and this will activate the auto update tool. It should find the latest version and go grab it for you. Just follow the prompts it offers.
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

Are you using the Starter edition of ArtRage (free) or the Full edition of ArtRage (the $25.00 paid-for version).
    The free edition doesn't have the ability to draw on transparent paper, or layers.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

its the full version i got :-). yeh i tired the autp update thing..,gives some error.. maybe it will work later.
    Last edited by bubblez; 06-25-2008 at 08:52 AM.