ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Veggies (Updated 6-24)

Veggies (Updated 6-24)

This is from an online oil painting tutorial I found. I'll post updates as I progress. This is my first post in some time. I've been reinvigorated since getting a tablet. Constructive comments always welcome.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by D-man777; 06-25-2008 at 04:05 PM.

Gallery
    View images
    Looking good!

Once you get used to the graphics tablet, youīll wonder how you ever did anything before.

Best of luck with your new "toy." Looking forward to seeing the final version.
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

Gallery
    View images
    If the rest of this turns out as well as the yellow pepper you'll really have a fine painting.

Gallery
    View images
    That's what they look like in my grocery store!
    Nice and shiny!

Good work. Can't wait to see the rest of it.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Got a little more time on it today. Not hating it, but definitely see room for improvement.

Gallery
    View images
    Don't be so hard on yourself. I think this is coming along very well.

Gallery
    View images
    Iīll add to Robertīs comment--donīt be too hard on yourself. Thereīs no one who contributes here who canīt find something to improve on.

All is well done so far, and itīs starting to take shape. The blending and highlights on the left red pepper are darned near perfect!

(One very minor suggestion: watch your light sources and make sure that the reflected light is coming from the same direction. As I said, itīs not that big of a deal here, just something to consider.)
    Last edited by ScottF; 06-25-2008 at 07:04 PM.
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

Gallery
    View images
    You're composing a really good still life work!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. I wasn't being hard on myself, merely being my own worst critic as I've always been. I'm pretty pleased so far. If it continues at this level, I'll be quite pleased with the finished work.

Thanks again.

Hmm... Not too pleased with the cabbage. I've fiddled with it quite a bit, but just can't seem to get it. I think I'll move on and come back to it later.