Thread: Tablets with a screen

Gallery
    View images

Tablets with a screen

Hello artrage forumites,

I wasn't sure at all where to post this, so I guessed the forum for artrage would be the best place to start:

I've had a Wacom Bamboo One for quite some time now, and I was thinking of upgrading to a tablet with a screen.
    I first looked in the Wacom shop, and found a cintiq 12 WX
    was the cheapest. I don't seem to be allowed to post links yet, but it was 1.189,90 EUR, for a 12 inch screen.

Now my question is, does anybody know of other (reliable) tablets with screens for less money?

Gallery
    View images
    You might want to look into a tablet PC instead of simply a tablet attached to a computer.

You can draw on the screens and they are wireless so you can take it anywhere to draw.

here is what they look like -- the screen swivels and lays over the keyboard so you can paint with ease. It's on my wish list and ArtRage should work with it.

http://dealnews.com/Lenovo-Think-Pad...ed/211015.html

Judith
    See ArtRage2.5 and 3.0 Studio Pro Tutorials:
    http://www.youtube.com/JudithTramayne
    or
    https://www.artrage.com/artragebasic.html

Children's Book - The Wonderful World of Wunks
    Written, illustrated, animated and narrated by Judith Tramayne

Gallery
    View images
    I think the Cintiq 12 is really too costly.
    They should cut the price by at least 30%.
    There is a well known and documented problem with Cintiq 12 while usng Photoshop. It concerns the line quality.
    I believe it is an Adobe related problem but it any case it does make using the tablet a problem.
    AB
    kiva.org
    How you can help people living in developing countries

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by Judith Tramayne View Post
    You might want to look into a tablet PC instead of simply a tablet attached to a computer.

You can draw on the screens and they are wireless so you can take it anywhere to draw.

here is what they look like -- the screen swivels and lays over the keyboard so you can paint with ease. It's on my wish list and ArtRage should work with it.

*link*
    Judith
    Yeah, I thought of that too. But is it really the same type of quality? Because if they can make a whole laptop with a tablet screen like that, why would the Cintiq be so expensive >< Thanks for showing me that one too tough, couldn't find one under a thousand euro's.

Quote Originally Posted by alain boisvert View Post
    I think the Cintiq 12 is really too costly.
    They should cut the price by at least 30%.
    There is a well known and documented problem with Cintiq 12 while usng Photoshop. It concerns the line quality.
    I believe it is an Adobe related problem but it any case it does make using the tablet a problem.
    Thanks for informing me about that, don't think i'll consider the Cintiq anyway, if only because of the price.

Thanks for the replys guys.