ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Instant Message

Instant Message

It would be kind of nice, that when we looked down at the bottom of the forum page, and seen who was here, we could kind of instant message, or just somehow converse with them in real time.. What is everyones opinion on this?? And could it be done??
    Click Upper Right To Visit My Gallery

Sounds like a good idea, but who knows what the forum software permits?
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

Galena, Kansas, USA (Southeast corner of the state)
    I love the idea....and it would cut down on posting on some of the threads.
    Do we have to accept what life hands us? Or can we say no thank you and ask for a different flavor?

Quite a while back I suggested a Chat Room for the forums. Best you can do at the moment is click on them and send a Private Message.

Hi Robert.. I was kind of looking for something that was more real time..

At present I live in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

Smile New To It

Well everyone my Name is Wryter and I just did my first drawing, nothing of any great import but my attempt. Have had this for 2 weeks now and find it to be very explorative friendly, loads of fun and just enjoyable.

I have seen some of the examples here and am impressed very much by what I have seen, gives good impetus to do better and improve.

Any way just wanted to say my bit and look forward to meeting everyone here.

Wryter

vBulletin has a chat module that can be added to provide real-time chat on the forums, but I'm not really sure what value it would add to the community or what sort of burden it would be on the server. I do know that we added it to our relatively active forums and no one used it. The only time it was used was for tech support questions, in spite of a note directly beneath the chat box indicating that it was for small talk between community members and not for support. =)

That said, that community is not this community and of course the chat might be a hit here. It's definitely technically possible, it's just up to the Ambient Design team whether they want to implement it. =)

I think it would be used a lot. I am also afraid that things get explained person to person, not to the community.
    I mean , this is a forum to help each other out.
    Things said in the chat box, would not be displayed(or explained!) at the forum itself....
    There's tons of means to contact each other.
    Just say: "Rage It", because we already know it's art.

My ArtRage 3 and 4 Gallery------My Site ------- BROWSE MY BOOK

You know Hanzz, I do believe you are right.. We would all miss a lot if my idea came to fruition.. I guess that is why this is a forum.. We discussed a point of view, only to find out that it probably isn't the wisest action..

Yup! Very good point Hanzz.