ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Just getting going...

Gallery
    View images

Lightbulb Just getting going...

Hi all! I am fairly new to ArtRage. I had the free version for about a year and recently upgraded to the full one. Wow! It has opened up and amazing creative flow for me. I am having a blast.
    One of the things I have been working on is drawing/painting skulls. It is giving me a better appreciation of the structure of the human face. But one of the interesting things that is happening is a few characters are developing. I am thinking of allowing them to morph into a comic/manga/story of some sort.
    Any suggestions/ideas?

**Added a new character, Bobby. Bobby is based on a 5 year old skull.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by ArtNuovo; 06-22-2008 at 12:23 AM.

Gallery
    View images
    hey ArtNuovo...your skulls do look good and i like the way youve done the eyes...
    id suggest deciding wether to 'line' the whole picture (characters mainly...not so much the backgrounds) or wether to not use linework...
    i think for a comic/manga...using linework would suit very well....
    i really like the trees in the second piece....
    nice...

Gallery
    View images
    Very good works. The good think with skulls is that they don't need to say "cheese" to have them smiling!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Gallery
    View images
    Hey there, great job!

I prefer the second piece in terms of the composition, but the blue...either the shade or just the hue itself seems a bit out of place (unless of course it was purposely done that way).

Gallery
    View images
    You´re doing a great job with your thematic interests! I agree with you, ArtRage (full version) let´s you do so many wonderful things!
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

Gallery
    View images

Blue

Thanks Keto. The reason I chose that shade of blue was because it was completely opposite the deep orange of the background and I was trying to give this character a youthful appearance. Innocent, I guess. Not sure if it translated that way or not to an objective eye. I guess I am trying to develop the characters to be dead but alive, in a dark world but not dark themselves.
    Rule #1: When all else fails, look directly in front of your face. -NuoVo

My website www.rapskullions.com

Gallery
    View images
    i told you the forums here are pretty neat. you get alot better feed back then on deviantart. Im glad you showed up.

Gallery
    View images
    Ooooh! X-ray specs. . . I always wanted to get a pair off the ads in the back of comics when I was a kid. Personally I would not get my prescription at this strength. I would have been more interested in stopping before I went under the skin.

I think this is a great series. Very creative and an interesting further foray into the mortal vanities.

Or is this more about getting a look under the hood like in those car ads where you can see it partially normal, and partially inside showing the engineering?

Any way you look at it (or past it), it's uncommonly cool.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream