ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Music Drawings

Music Drawings

Here's one for ya'. Maybe our ESTEEMED ArtRage devs. might have an idea on this. (See, I can suck up with the best of them...)

As I believe I've mentioned before, one of the quirky aspects of my work has been the drawing of rather absurd music scores. I developed my own note/symbols, in fact a whole dictionary of them, several volumes of "Music Thoery" and many "Scores". These scores became very unweildy being often
    8"-12" high and 16 feet long. I would bifold them into covers and this led to my interest in book binding. They also looked rather cool push pinned to a wall, but were, needless to say, impossible to frame. I've included a pic of one of these as an attachment.

I'd like to do these on my computer. Is there a way to set it up that you could scroll, horizontally, continuosly? I know like when you download a document in Adobe, it can be litterally hundreds of pages long but you just keep scrolling down and it just keeps coming... Could this be done horizontally as well?

I'm not really interested in animating these, altho the thought has crossed my mind. (Along with a synth sound track, maybe, someday) But maybe that's what they would really be? I'd kind of like the viewer to be able to control the movement. At least at this time as I can't even imagine trying to learn music and animation software along with AR, Painter, and Pshop, Yeesch...

Also included is a recent attempt, in Painter for doing the straight lines, at continuing with these digitally. Please bear in mind that this was an attempt to learn how to do the staff/scaffold as well as testing pen types for my symbols. I was, never the less, happy to accomplish even this at this time. Any ideas are much welcomed.

Sincerely,
    sam
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	musicfor7orso_122.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	195.0 KB 
ID:	1840  
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Up to now I've managed, but since they know I can't do any other kind of work in life except invent absurdities, they pay me badly." Rene Daumal (Trans. Roger Shattuck) from "Mount Analogue"

Flash. You have ultimate control with Flash, Sam. User-controlled progression or automatic progression through still images or animated images, music or no music, it's all up to you. Yeah, Flash has yet another learning curve on top of everything else you've got goin' on, but until you reach the height of multimedia mavenhood, there are some applications out there that offer a subset of Flash Pro, have a lot of drag-n-drop widgetry in them, are inexpensive, and will be good enough to get you started.

My tuppence. =]

.g

Thanks G.,

Your tuppence always seem to be worth their weight in gold.

sam
    "Up to now I've managed, but since they know I can't do any other kind of work in life except invent absurdities, they pay me badly." Rene Daumal (Trans. Roger Shattuck) from "Mount Analogue"