Thread: Widescreen display issue

Gallery
    View images

Widescreen display issue

Hello,

I recently bought a Compaq Presario F700 Notebook computer. It is using Vista and has a 15.4 WXGA High Definition BrightView Widescreen display. It is factory set at 1,024 x 768.

The only problem is, the display is slightly stretching images to fit the widescreen display. In other words, if I set a paper up in ArtRage to be 500 x 500 pixels, it looks slightly rectangular instead of square. Adjusting the window size seems to have no effect on the porportion issue. This is my first experience with both a widescreen display and Vista, and so far, I have not been able to find any way to solve this issue through the "help screens.

Anyone know how to solve this?

Thanks!

Anita

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Anita,

Your problem is that 1024x768 is not a widescreen aspect ratio (It's more a 4:3 ratio, which is what a standard monitor uses). So when the image is stretched to fill the actual width of the monitor, it distorts things like you've noticed.

You need to adjust your resolution to one with a widescreen aspect ratio. I currently have my 15.4 inch laptop screen set to 1680x1050. That might make things a little too small for your tastes, but play around with it and see. You should be able to find a resolution that works well for you and your screen.

Hope this helps.

Gallery
    View images

Smile Thanks!

I was able to push it up to a 1280 x 800 resolution, and that seems to have taken care of the problem. It's too bad the manufacturer didn't have the screen resolution on the right setting when they shipped it.

Thanks!