ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: What happened with "import file to layer"?

Gallery
    View images

What happened with "import file to layer"?

I'm practicing layers (as a newbie). Got the first layer in o.k.

Then I tried to upload an image I'd saved as gif file.

Added a 'new layer' and went to file>import image to layer

The image showed up, but there were no tools etc available.

Then I hit esc (maybe that's the problem) to bring the tools up (wrong or right I've done that before) and the gif didn't show up on top of the other two layers.

I'm sorry if I'm not explaining this too good.

Confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Lymie View Post
    The image showed up, but there were no tools etc available.
    I think I see what's wrong.. when using the 'import image to layer' option you first get a small toolbar toward the bottom of the screen; the normal tools are not available. This is so you can move/rotate/zoom the new image as necessary.

Once you click OK on that new toolbar, you'll have a new layer with the image you wanted to import.

Gallery
    View images
    Orangish,

Thanks for that----- I'll try that tomorrow when I'm not sleepy.

Gallery
    View images
    I'm going to have to start over and use a different gif or jpg since the one I'd saved to desktop made ArtRage crash and start over, two times.

I trashed it and will play with another pic to add as a layer.

Do you think that it makes a different if something is saved as a jpg or a png. (I really don't know how to save as a png.)

Starting over today in between other 'things' in my life!

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Lymie!

Could you possibly email me a copy of the picture involved in the crash, and details on what you did in order to reproduce that crash as well as what operating system and version you're using to support@ambientdesign.com if you get the chance?
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    Dave,

I restored that file (old English style alphabet gif) and that's when I noticed this:

Information bar alert for security-related yada yada--- i.e. if a potentially unsafe file or pop up was blocked yada yada-------

No ActiveX allowed by IE, which is strange because IE crashed shortly after this new (then) computer. An HP Pavillion with Vista. (I hate Vista!)

I hadn't noticed that it was IE that was misbehaving---- and frankly I don't want to chance crashing my 'puter (once in a decade is enough. LOL)

So it may not have been ArtRage but my computer reacting to IE.

Do you think that's a possiblity?

Gallery
    View images
    If you're going to need to change things with your system in order to create the crash again, then I'd say don't worry about investigating it further. It sounds possible that the crash occured in another application, like you say. Feel free to email me if you notice a crash in future with ArtRage and I'll see what we can find out.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    Dave,

Thanks--- I'll do that, if it ever happens again with another file. And I'll try to pay more attention and take notes.