ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Revelation

Gallery
    View images

Revelation

Hey crew, I want to see what you guys think of this one. Im painting it as an album cover for my friends band, he kind of directed it as I went, but I can't tell if its done or not. Suggestions please? Criticism welcome(I was under the influence of some drugs)----
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Revalation.JPG 
Views:	119 
Size:	165.9 KB 
ID:	17002  

Gallery
    View images
    25 views and nothing, thanks for the feedback guys/

Gallery
    View images
    Hahah. Don't take it personally. There's a lot going on on this site and many people don't comment on anything.

It looks really good for an album cover. Makes me wonder what kind of musical sound to expect if I were to pick it up off the shelf. Covers are suppose to pique the interest of the casual browser such that they pick it up and read the cover, or at least read the name of the band and the album. So your type is going to matter greatly.

Red is eye catching. The style is interesting and the colors are tasteful and a little pastel yet the tree hanging over the cliff suggests looking into the abyss -- somewhat artsy and a little jazzy, small amount of experimentation with a hint of mellow.

I would not expect to hear grunge or rap or something really edgy within this package. . . unless your type and title says different.

As to your painting simply as a painting, I think it looks good and you have some cool paint sensibilities.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Gallery
    View images
    I can see this as an album cover ... very eye catching.
    As an aside, things do tend to slow down here on the weekend.

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks guys, and thankyou very much D Akey. And , I must say, you are right on, my friend is heavily influenced by Blues and Jazz, so I think its a fitting album cover. And thanks for reminding me of the type, that will take some careful planning. i was thinking Type may not sit on it well, so maybe a boarder with some orange, and the Type overhanging.. Im not sure yet. Or maybe just plain white text.. dunno. Thank you for your kind words, and thanks for the crit. Appreciated.

Gallery
    View images
    oh man, the colors are nice in this piece. I especially really like the grass.

Gallery
    View images
    Sorry I didnīt see this earlier. I think your friend is lucky to have you doing this for him. It should turn out nicely when the title and other words are put on it. Let us see the finished product.
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.