ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vino III

Gallery
    View images

Vino III

Been all day on the top of the red wine glass.. Just the top of the white wine glass left, and then I'm going to get right down and wallow in the stuff..
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Click Upper Right To Visit My Gallery

Gallery
    View images
    Woah!!!! You signed it before you finished it! I guess it's far enough along and good enough to worry about somebody stealing it and finishing it on their own. Makes sense.

It's breathtaking! Especially when you get pulled over by the cops for swerving.

Really though, it's awesome! Really crisp work and it reads so well.

I will caution you about the ellipse at the base of the one on the left. It looks like a lay-in line, and you'll probably toy with it as you render. But the back side of the far left edge took the turn too wide, and a cop saw it.

Great work.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Gallery
    View images
    Beautiful Rick. Masterfully rendered. And of course the reflection would be that of the artist... a brilliant touch.

Gallery
    View images
    Yes. The base of the left and the stem of the right are "wavy". Otherwise it's coming along more than masterfully. Love how you "misplaced" that one purple grape.

And oh yes ... wouldn't it be cool to see your reflection in one of the glasses?

Gallery
    View images
    Brilliant, as always! The reflections in the red wine glass--wow.
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

Gallery
    View images
    Just perfect. I'm itching to see the final piece.

Incredible work, Rick. Truly amazing quality.

If I may ask a couple of questions:

First, you have a tremendous amount of detail in this piece. What resolution do you make your canvas? I assume this has been scaled down for posting.

Also, you appear to have a light sketch for your layout. Do you use layers for producing your drawings? As a relatively new user and very inexperienced oil painter, I'm inclined to think of using layers as "cheating". Though the final product is all that matters, right? Adding a new layer is just a quick substitute for a week of drying time.

Either way, a fine piece I could only aspire to have the skill and patience to produce. I can't wait to see it finished, as I'm sure you can't.

Gallery
    View images
    Thank you all..
    D-man777, in answer to your questions, This painting as with most of mine has a setting of 7.7 x 9.7 inches at 150 pixels.. Works out real well for the printing I do.. (maybe not for others, but for me just right).. I use a freeware called PhotoRazor to resize for posting on this forum.. I most always use the bottom layer for my rough sketch.. Do I use layers?? Many many layers.. Paint, combine, blend, and then another new layer.. To me, layers and digital painting go hand in hand.. These are digital paintings, not to be confused with art of any other kind..
    Last edited by Rick; 06-16-2008 at 12:25 AM.
    Click Upper Right To Visit My Gallery

Gallery
    View images

Thumbs up

Gorgeous! Nothing else to say.... ... can't wait for the final piece!

Besides, I'm well aware of the pains of trying to capture glass or worse a filled glass and all it's reflections, refractions and caustic projections.

Really well done already!

Gallery
    View images
    Another master piece, Rick. You really are expert of the wine glass. and grapes.