ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My first try : A sunset

Gallery
    View images

Talking My first try : A sunset

hi! I am a new member (Sorry for my English, I ' m not English mothertongue)This is my first work, it is all done using the mouse. I find very hard to paint the sea.Please, could someone give me any suggestions for the sea? Thanks a lot .....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Simmy sunset.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	199.6 KB 
ID:	16960  

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Pison, Has just wonderful color and strokes.. I think it is really fine and look forward to seeing more of your work..
    Click Upper Right To Visit My Gallery

Gallery
    View images
    Nice work, very good color choice. Sorry, I don't know what to tell you about the sea, except, the water usually reflects the sky.

Gallery
    View images
    Your first try is very excellent. My only advice is to keep painting.

Gallery
    View images
    Looks to me like very strong statement. If this were music on a guitar I would have to call it like overdrive. (I hope you know that word -- does not mean excess, rather a richness that goes past what the amplifier can handle.) What I mean to say is that you have a lot behind your painting and it shows up in lots of color and really cool gritty paint strokes.

I really like it.

I also think that you may lose some of that if you copy other people's techniques for a natural looking ocean. I happen to really like where you are now.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Gallery
    View images
    thanks Rick
    thanks Krondelo
    thanks RobertSWade
    thanks D AKey

D AKey do you really like my technique?
    I would like like to paint a more natural ocean, with the sky reflection ...
    I have to improve, but it is very difficult to paint with mouse, I think I will buy a wacom tablet.

Gallery
    View images
    You did a great painting Simmy, welcome! Maybe you used some metallic too in some points to make it more dramatic ... and You succeded to show a very personal and emotional sea, somehow still fully recognisable as likely and real.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks Caesar....

Gallery
    View images
    Peter Pickney had one process for water around here somewhere...
    seemed to be very successful and beautiful.
    Any suggestions might just ruin the process of discovery that you make.
    Enjoy the process. And if this is any indication it will
    be a beautiful process indeed. This is beautiful.
    Last edited by screenpainter; 06-15-2008 at 05:49 AM.

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by simmy View Post
    D AKey do you really like my technique?
    I would like like to paint a more natural ocean, with the sky reflection ...
    I have to improve, but it is very difficult to paint with mouse, I think I will buy a wacom tablet.
    Yes, I like it! But liking it doesn't mean arresting one's development. But there are many powerful things about this one.

If you're looking or a tutorial on water, Peter Pinckney did one some time ago that you might search for. Couldn't tell you where it is if it's not in the Tips n' Tricks section.

There's also the internet. You can search galleries, and may even be able to scare up a tutorial. If not try the library or an art store with how-to books. The same principles usually apply for painting, whether in ArtRage or in the real world.

Somebody may respond to your request. But in case they don't those are a few places to look.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream