ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My First Painting

Gallery
    View images

Wink My First Painting

I'm taking my first dip into the cold, icy water. Must admit I don't know where I'm getting the courage from to post my first image, but here it goes. I don't want to spend the money on a tablet just yet; it's all done using the mouse. I want to see if I can get the gist of the software.

At any rate, perhaps someone can give me some guidance on how to differentiate the petals of the rose via the shading.

LogicsHere (aka Betty)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Gallery
    View images
    I'm so very glad you feel safe and comfortable to post your work.
    It's a lovely first step and your colors are spot on to complete this project.

Going back to before you even painted a thing, and while you were still viewing or contemplating this flower. It helps to break up your subject into geometric shapes of color. No longer view it as itself, a flower, but shapes combined. Express the colors in the shapes you see, rather than trying to paint a "flower".

The rest follows.

I can put together a tutorial for you if you like.

Oh, and welcome!
    Kathy LaFollett
    www.visionized.com

Gallery
    View images
    This work quality is already so high You shoudn't be shy at all to show, dear new mate. I would also think seriously about buying sooner than planned the tablet, if the passion is half as great as Your talent ...
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Gallery
    View images

Smile Thank you

Thank you, Kathy, for your very kind words and welcome. I appreciate your support.

I'm not an artist by any stretch of the imagination; it's something I always envied of others.

Thank you for the offer of a tutorial. Yes, I would like that very much.

Gallery
    View images

Thank You Also

I want to thank you also, Caesar for your support and encouragement.

While I will never attain the quality of most of you, if I could attain even 15-20% of the talent featured here in this forum, I would be thrilled.

Betty

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by LogicsHere View Post
    Thank you, Kathy, for your very kind words and welcome. I appreciate your support.

I'm not an artist by any stretch of the imagination; it's something I always envied of others.

Thank you for the offer of a tutorial. Yes, I would like that very much.
    I shall have this for you by Sunday. I'll put it in your thread here.
    Kathy LaFollett
    www.visionized.com

Gallery
    View images
    Welcome!!!

I like it!! It's better than my first if you ask me 'bout the mouse. I'm the same I do it all with my mouse, which does restrain u from making long flows and pencil-like strokes. But it just takes sum time and effort. I even made some sketches with it after a while, so unless u really want to get a tablet a.s.a.p. I'd say give it a few more shots (or strokes for that matter)

I'm hoping to see more from you!!!
    See yourself as a fallen angel...

Gallery
    View images
    While I will never attain the quality of most of you, if I could attain even 15-20% of the talent featured here in this forum, I would be thrilled.

Betty, what you do will always be special. Don't make the mistake of comparing your work to others too much. Go with your strengths and follow your instincts. Practice will get you a long way but perseverence is an even stronger tool. Have fun here and play with the tools of ArtRage and you may well amaze yourself. Your first offering is wonderful and I hope the first of many. Welcome to here.

Galena, Kansas, USA (Southeast corner of the state)
    Gallery
    View images
    Hello Betty,

Welcome to AR, there is a wonderful group of people here to share all your work with. They are kind, sweet, caring people. They are all willing to share their knowledge and secrets with us all. I had never shared my painting with anyone besides family until I came to the forum. Everyone here is so helpful and encouraging. Lots of times I know my stuff isn't wonderful. But I post it all. LOL

Keep up the good work. The rose is lovely.

Take care, Julie
    Do we have to accept what life hands us? Or can we say no thank you and ask for a different flavor?

Gallery
    View images

Thank You

Mirage, Robert, Julie -

Thank you all so very much for your welcome and your support. Your words of encouragement have given me inspiration to create my second painting.

If I were to try to do this with the traditional oil paints, I'd have more paint on me than the canvas. It's amazing how much I've discovered about the creative side of me since working with a computer and paint programs.

Hope you like the violets.

Betty
    Attached Images Attached Images