ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Some find bugs, i found a cat...

Some find bugs, i found a cat...

Yep!

this is not really a very important bug or anything, so relax ^^

Just now i was painting in artrage 2.11, and decided to move a layer on top of another. Then i figured it wasn't good and put it back, and then i just saw the picture of a cat ( looked like Tycho and also like my own Sushi kitty ^^) appear in the layer list window where the layer was supposed to go. And my painting has nothing to do with cats, so it's really not supposed to be here ^^:I thought it was funny, i just hope i won't crash AR though :roll:

Gallery
    View images
    It's a "feature," not a bug -- an Easter egg. Tycho pops up whenever and wherever he pleases. =)

- Gita

lol ok,
    i didn't know about that, i'm kinda new here ^^

Anyway it just look like my cat

are there any other easter eggs?

Gallery
    View images
    Check out the about box from the Help menu. If it looks normal, try again. At some point you'll probably notice a certain someone attacking the corner of the window =)

I have to say, checking these easter eggs was sort of amusing. We were trying to decide just how rarely he pops up, and then checking to make sure he wasn't entirely absent. Certainly something that looks strange on a bug report "Tycho seems to be appearing very frequently when..."
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Dave
    It shows what a great job you've done at Ambient.
    Nobody seems to have had to use the Help menu enough times to trigger the Eastrer Egg.
    Luck is infatuated with the efficient.

Gallery
    View images
    I feel a bit deprived. I've not managed to see Tycho yet. =(

Apparently I'm just not using ArtRage enough. Hrm.

.g

Gallery
    View images
    Neither had I, JustG until I tried Daves trick and repeatedly opened up the about box. a few a few tries that nauthy cat indeed showed up.

'HEY THERE, NAUGHTY-CAT... STOP EATING MY SOFTWARE!!!'

(i was bored at work, waiting for a meeting to start)

Gallery
    View images
    He's fairly elusive character, that's for sure. I quickly ran up the about box a few times just after I posted, and by pure random chance he didn't appear for -ages-. For a moment I was thinking "Haaang on, have we got a new bug here?! I -know- this worked on rele... oh there he is!" =)
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design