ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Leonidas WIP

Gallery
    View images

Leonidas WIP

All imaginary as usual. I made some experiment too, but it was not the best painting to do so (a little complex) so I lost some time to adjust the rocks.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Caesar,

This reminds me of the movie 300.
    I especially like the helmet. Cannot wait to see the end result!

Gallery
    View images
    This is going to be a good one! Love the texture on the rocks. It should be great when you´re finished.
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

Gallery
    View images

Smile

Thanks Yvan! Actually Leonidas was exactly one of the two Spartan kings when Xerses attemped, following his father's example, to conquer the ancient Greece.
    I hope I'll transfer only the right amount of "300" movie's lights and atmosphere (this is the dawn of the fisrt battle day); but what I want the most (and I'm not sure I can do it), is to make of the figure as if it were a painted hero on an ancient Greek vase returned to life.

Dear Scott, thanks.
    Actually I had to fight a bit with the Rocks. It's a pity a discovered a better way to produce a good shield texture too later on (You may see the experiment on the gallery).
    Panta rei (everything flows)!