ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Sunbeams

Gallery
    View images

Sunbeams

My latest work. Based loosely on a reference photo I took while visiting Spain. The photo had a simple blue sky, so I decided to paint some clouds. Wanted to get everyone's opinion about the sunbeams - how do they look?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sunbeams.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	60.4 KB 
ID:	16738  

Gallery
    View images
    I think you´re off to a great start. The landscape seems wonderful! What part of Spain is this?

With regard to the sunbeams, they look okay--but it seems the sun is shining from different directions at the same time. I don´t know if that is clear. It just seems that the sun should be in one spot and the rays reflecting from that one position.

This is going to be a good one! Keep at it.
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

Gallery
    View images
    D'oh. Of course you are right. The sun is all over the place. I knew something was off. Thanks for pointing that out. Going to fix that.

The picture was taken in Northern Spain, in Basque Country. I lived in a small village and near the village was a mountain - St. Eufemia - I climbed the mountain and took the picture from the top. The nature was simply stunning - I have around 800 reference pictures from there - so I have my work cut out for me.

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks for identifying the location! Yes, if you plan to work through 800 reference pics, I´d say you have your work cut out for you.
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

Gallery
    View images
    Yup. What Scott said. Identify where the light source is and base your angles off of that.

Gallery
    View images
    A challenging taks indeed. The sky is already absolutely fantastic though! Bravo!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!