ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fish stencils (dolphin added 23 June '08)

Gallery
    View images

Fish stencils (dolphin added 23 June '08)

Hi all,

I made this fish stencil (my first one from scratch). Thought I'd share with this wonderful community.

Hope you like it (and find a use for it).

Any C & C's welcome!

Cheers,

Yvan.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by yvan_c; 06-23-2008 at 09:15 PM.

Gallery
    View images
    Dear Yvan_c, thank you! and your drawing looks like the Oriental character or alphabet ink and brush writings, very precise!

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks Lee,

Glad you like it!

Yes, I drew it from a reference photo in Inkscape (using the caligraphy pen) and saved the schetch as a *png-file for use as a stencil. Very easy to make really.

Will definitely try my hand at a few more and also make them available.

Cheers,

Yvan.

Gallery
    View images

Second Fish Stencil

Hi all,

In keeping with the underwater theme. Here's another fish stencil I made.

Slowly but surely learning from my mistakes as I go along. Personally, I think this one is more of a success than the first one.

This is a larger file than the first one. In order to download the actual png-file you have to click on the image to open it up in your browser, and only then to save it.

Enjoy.

Cheers,

Yvan.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fish2.png 
Views:	4709 
Size:	165.4 KB 
ID:	16812  
    Last edited by yvan_c; 06-13-2008 at 01:38 AM.

Gallery
    View images
    These are wonderful fish stencils Yvan - thanks for these!

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks Rowena,

Glad you like them!

Gallery
    View images
    Hi all,

Just received a pm form another member. It seems that some Artragers may be unsure as to how to download and use stencils in AR.

This may have been explained by someone else on the forums before.

There is also an explanation in the PDF-manual that comes with AR (just click on the help menu in the AR interface). Look under "Making and Saving Stencils", "Loading a Stencil From Disk" and "Making and Saving a Stencil From a Layer".

My personal way of saving stencils for use in AR is as follows:

1. Open the png or jpg file you want to download in your browser.

2. Right click and "save as" on your desktop or other folder on your hard drive where you can find it easily again;

3. Go to your folder on your hard drive (usually in "C"-drive) named: Documents and Settings\[your computer name]\Application Data\Ambient Design\ArtRage 2\Resources\Stencils;

4. Copy/Cut the saved image file from your desktop/other folder to the folder named Stencils (see 3 above);

5. When you open AR again you will find the stencil has been added to AR in the "stencil" category. Easy as that!

What I have done is to create two completely new folders in my ArtRage 2\Resources\Stencils folder (see 3 above) I then renamed one to "my stencils" and the other to "other stencils".

I then maunaully saved all the image files/stencils that I made myself in the "my stencils"-folder and all the others that I downloaded in the "other stencils"-folder. You can create as many different categories as you like it seems. When I open up AR there are new categories added for "my stencils" and "other stencils".

There are a lot of different ways to manage stencils in AR. I just found this works the best for me. I've even created a shortcut on my desktop to my ArtRage 2\Resources\Stencils-folder to quickly find it and alter the contents as I like.

Hope this helps.

Happy AR-ing,

Yvan.

Gallery
    View images
    Great stencils, I like the ink-brushed style!

Good tips on managing them too. Here's another way to get to the stencils folder:

In the Stencil Picker there's a menu at the top left (the down pointing arrow in the title bar). In that menu is 'Manage My Stencils'. Selecting that should open your current user Stencils folder and you can add the images there directly, or add folders with images to create new categories. You will need to close and reopen the stencil picker after using that, so that it re-scans the folder.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks Matt,

It means a lot to me coming from you.

I'll defnitely keep them coming. Maybe post a tut on how I make them, if that's OK.
    Last edited by yvan_c; 06-11-2008 at 11:30 PM.

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks for these good explanations guys

One little mystery remains - in the never ending landscape of computor mysteries ..which hopefully one of you will help me solve?

Fish stencil #1 saved and now shows up in my stencils toolbox, no problems. But fish stencil #2 saves as a blank space stencil , no matter which way I do it!

So why does the one save and not the other?