Thread: Forum Wishlist

Gallery
    View images

Forum Wishlist

Is it possible to increase the number of threads on every single page in the gallery ( gallery overview? ) and perhaps
    add a new additional kind of sorting for the threads inside the gallery ( default or not ) ?
    Would be nice if there would be a sort by the date of first thread start.
    Reason for this two wishes is, that the number of users is increasing more and more, but not the typical surfbehaviour of the users.
    I think that many people stay with surfing the very first pages of the gallery only and so some nice contributions of this community are easily missed.
    Btw. I also think the former forums had more entries per page, but thats just a feel, not really sure about this.
    Robert was the one who made me sensible to watch one's own posts in the gallery from the standpoint of fairness for other paintings, because if there's alot of discussion on some paintings others are quickly passed trough to page 2 or later.
    Both wishes are there for decreasing the influence of your own thread in comparision to others, so it would be nice of you if you could think about this, or maybe come up with a better solution. Thanks alot !
    If any one else has some nice ideas how this could be easily achieved, feel free to post additions or correct me.

Gallery
    View images
    I would also like to see more forum posts on a page. Or at least a choice at the top and bottom for 10, 20 or 30 posts per page.

Judith
    See ArtRage2.5 and 3.0 Studio Pro Tutorials:
    http://www.youtube.com/JudithTramayne
    or
    https://www.artrage.com/artragebasic.html

Children's Book - The Wonderful World of Wunks
    Written, illustrated, animated and narrated by Judith Tramayne

Gallery
    View images
    I've raised the number of threads per page from 20 to 30. Vbulletin doesn't allow users to individually change this setting I'm afraid, it's a global setting. I've experimented with 40 threads per page but I found that the vertical scrolling can be a bit fiddly for people with lower resolution displays so opted for a middle ground there!

What you can do however, if you want to increase the number of posts per page ( the number of posts per page within an actual thread, rather than the number of threads per page in a forum ) is to click on 'User CP' in the top navigation bar, go to 'Edit Options' select your prefered number under 'Number of Posts to Show Per Page' and save your changes.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    Regarding the other question, you can change the way you view the forums down at the bottom left of the page. If you're in the Gallery forum and you want to view posts based on the date each thread was created:

Go to the bottom left where you should see 'Display Options'. Beneath that is a setting 'Sorted by'. Choose 'Thread Start Time" from the drop-down list then click 'Show threads'. This should give you what you're after I think!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks alot Dave for setting it to 30 entries. I already increased the other setting to increase the posts inside a thread. But thanks for mentioning.

Belonging the second question I wasn't aware of the feature you mentioned, and yes that was what I was looking for, the only difference to my initial thought was, that I would have had liked it to be as easy accessible as possible, so I would have found it ideal to have it next to the other sorting criterias Thread / Thread Starter on the top of the page, but I am not aware if that is possible.

Thanks Dave!!