ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Broken Links

Gallery
    View images

Broken Links

How come each time I click the tutorial links it kicks me back to the ArtRage homepage?

Gallery
    View images
    It probably has something to do with the new forum upgrade. Most likely the topics still exist, but are no longer properly linked due to the way the new forums handle the thread locations. Have you tried searching the topic title in the forums search engine? It might bring up the tutorials you're looking for, or at least other threads posted on the topic in question.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Gallery
    View images
    I tried search found the topic, but the thread just bumps me back as before

Gallery
    View images
    Hi there,

Due to an outage at the data centre company which houses one of our servers, the downloads were temporarily offline. You should once more be able to download files from www.artrage.com/artragetutorials.html

We also changed forum systems a few weeks back now, so if you're in a forum thread and clicking a link to another thread, you may find that the link is no longer valid. If this is the case, let me know either here, or via private message or email to support@artrage.com and include information on the address, and which link, and I'll see what I can do. You can use the forum search option at the top of the page to locate specific articles by keywords and author, and the advanced search option to search in specific forums.

If you were trying to click links from the old thread in this forum "Tutorial central" which lists a large number of different tutorials, none of those links will be valid anymore due to the change in forum structure. I've unstickied the thread to prevent confusion.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    Well of course its the thread that no longer works that I'm interested in, right?
    Darn

Gallery
    View images
    Since, my lawst post I have come across several more broken links.

You have lost a lot of valuable information here, free to you marketing, and free to me education.

As nice a the three tutorials that on your site are, three doesn't show off your products potential. Yes I know its only $25. But when I see a product with limited tutorials, then I think it is some sort of de facto beta.

An active user base is also important. The part that saddens me is that they not only show how to use your product, which isn't all that hard, but also show how to actually draw something using it.

I made the assumption that the links worked before I bought the product. A lot of the links aren't that old, whats up?

Can you get them back?

If not, please prevail on people to repost them to a sticky. I sure many have saved copies of them or some would be willing to re write them.

Thanks

Gallery
    View images
    I'm having a similar problem, but with a twist. I tried to search for a fur tutorial I had seen on the forums at one time, and got the following error message when I typed 'fur tutorial' into the search box:

The search term you specified (fur) is under the minimum word length (4) and therefore will not be found. Please make this term longer.
    If this term contains a wildcard, please make this term more specific.
    So how do I search for something on fur if the word only has three letters?

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlespdog View Post
    AI made the assumption that the links worked before I bought the product. A lot of the links aren't that old, whats up?
    As was noted in the old tutorial index thread, when we upgraded the forums to cope with increased feature requirements and user base we could not maintain old links. However, Hanzz has done a great job of locating old tutorials and posting links to them in the new tutorials index thread that's stickied at the top of the tips and tricks forum.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by Helen9 View Post
    I'm having a similar problem, but with a twist. I tried to search for a fur tutorial I had seen on the forums at one time, and got the following error message when I typed 'fur tutorial' into the search box:

The search term you specified (fur) is under the minimum word length (4) and therefore will not be found. Please make this term longer.
    If this term contains a wildcard, please make this term more specific.
    So how do I search for something on fur if the word only has three letters?
    Hi Helen. I've changed the search settings so that you can now search for 3 letter words so this should now work for you.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design