ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Waterfall

Waterfall

Here is another one using Brian's method.
    This is a figment of my imagination also.
    Any crits or comments are welcome, I need all the help I can get

Here is the updated version with the suggested changes, hope I didn't overdo it!
    I added dark areas to the trees and changed the water to a more foamy and misty style.
    I'm not much on water yet, still learning how to do that!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	waterfall.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	237.0 KB 
ID:	16517  
    Last edited by joedeer; 05-31-2008 at 04:34 AM.
    Joe Deer

Hey Joe. This is awfully darn good. The mountains are really well done and the water is beautiful. My only suggestion would be to mix a little more dark contrast into the foliage ... even to the areas that would recieve the most light.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertSWade View Post
    Hey Joe. This is awfully darn good. The mountains are really well done and the water is beautiful. My only suggestion would be to mix a little more dark contrast into the foliage ... even to the areas that would recieve the most light.
    Thank you my friend, I will certainly take your advice on both of these drawings!
    Joe Deer

I agree on the advice he gave you, great drawing. You wanna know how you could easily make the waterfall look better too. Add a lot of mist and such, little spatter, all you really have are bold lines. Maybe even add some different hues.

Joe Deer,

You´re off to a really fine start. The imaginary waterfall is super, as are the mountains. Keep at it!
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

What You did is amazingly good, almost about to be finished and perfect I'd say! (great for a Junior member! LOL)
    You have a lot of talent evidently.
    I'm with Bob thinking that the only improvement might be to darken some areas of the foliage, also very dark in some zones, testing some alternative ways to do it (spray, low pressure high tinner oil passing several times, chalk ...) to see which one looks the best.
    Maybe some other blue cold tones on water (darker toned down and lighter) may be added with little strokes along the flow as an experiment to see whether it enriches the chromatic effect.
    The mountains are a rarely seen jewel!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!