Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Observation

Gallery
    View images

Observation

I notice, that on Saturday night I am usually the only one here.. Everyone else must have a life
    Click Upper Right To Visit My Gallery

Gallery
    View images
    Hey! I resemble that remark! lol
    Actually, I've long noticed that things tend to slow down here on the weekends.

Gallery
    View images
    Odd but it used to be where the weekends brought a greater deluge of paintings than the week. I thought it was because working people had a chance to play with ArtRage.

(Sung to: Yes, We Have No Bananas)

Ah yes I have no life either.
    I have no life either, today. (Plink plunk.)

Actually today in Southern California I took my mom and my wife out to see a traveling exhibit of some of the Terra Cotta Chinese Warriors - Guardians of China's First Emperor.

So you might say today I had an afterlife.

This link is from whence they came.

http://www.travelchinaguide.com/city...terracotta.htm
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Gallery
    View images
    Without looking at the link I remember that each of them had a unique face and at least a slight variation of dress. And if memory serves, the dig uncovered about 10,000 of them. Faithful servants of the Emporer even in the afterlife.

Gallery
    View images
    I am amazed that they would even risk shipping them. How many were on display?

P.S. I am not really here.

Galena, Kansas, USA (Southeast corner of the state)
    Gallery
    View images
    Falls over on the keyboard sobbing....I'm the only female in artrage that doesn't have a life.

Wink Wink..... but I'm in great company here!

My life is in total upheaval right now, I haven't had the time to hardly open up the laptop. I've been laying tile in the new dining room... half my children has come home for memorial day weekend. And the topper.. my son in the marines announced that he is getting married in 2 1/2 weeks...... Whewwwwwwwwwww! So now I'm in the middle of planning a trip to Oregon.

I think I need prayers ......and a big bottle of Geritol.

Gallery
    View images
    There were perhaps 10 humans, one horse, a couple bronze cranes (bird kind) plus some replicas of 4 horse chariots - smaller than lifesize.

They sent samples of the various kinds of figures from archers, charioteers, footsoldiers, a clerical/admin type, a burly burly acrobat, and some assorted parts of figures.

Most were already damaged somehwhat and either restored or in part (like Venus De Milo), a foot here, as suit of ceremonial jade armor like scales linked together (think shingles on a roof), and a sword, a jug. . . that sort of thing.

Was cool even if it wasn't the prize items in the collection. Slightly larger than life.

And yes indeed, they had unique faces and attributes, hair, costumes and all that. And were more or less recognizable types of faces we see today among the Chinese.

Was a good day.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Gallery
    View images
    juliediane,

I canīt speak to your claim to be the only woman here without a life. I can say that children are wonderful but often a complete hassle. Maybe itīs better you had no more warning before the wedding--less responsibility.

At any rate, I wish you well. And stay calm. (And forget the Geritol, go for the gin or something similar.)
    Last edited by ScottF; 05-25-2008 at 04:08 AM. Reason: left out a bit
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

Gallery
    View images
    Oh yeah, JD, congrats on the wedding! And thanks to your son for his service.

Gallery
    View images
    And Rick, donīt get old on us. We old-timers are on here Saturday night for a reason. (Letīs not explore the reason. )
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.