Thread: Right-clicking in Windows Vista

Gallery
    View images

Right-clicking in Windows Vista

This Problem isn't quite one with ArtRage, but i hope someone can help me anyway. I use a Wacom Bamboo Fun Medium and i used ArtRage already with WinXP, where this problem did not occur, namely that when i use one of the buttons on the pen which is set to "right-click" Vista first performs a left-click which results in leaving points or dabs of paint wherever i want to move the canvas in ArtRage.
    Since this did not happen in WinXP i guess it results from the advanced tablet features in Vista, but i have no clue how to change that, someone help me please

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Stalky!

I think you're on the right track with that one, it possibly relates to the configuration of Ink Services in Vista. It could also be related to an older version of ArtRage being used on Vista though. Is the problem only happening in ArtRage? If so:

Make sure you have the latest version of ArtRage ( 2.5.20 ). You can check this by going to Help, About ArtRage and looking at the small version number.

If not, download the latest from www.artrage.com/artrageinstaller.html

If that still doesn't help, or you already have the latest version, we've included a feature which will force ArtRage to avoid using Ink Services for tablet input in Vista, and use the same method as on your previous OS.

Create a file called "no_ink.inf" ( any type of file will do, just the filename is important ) and place it in ArtRage's resources folder.

For example:

c:\program files(x86)\Ambient Design\ArtRage 2\Resources <- Put the file here

Then start up ArtRage and see if you still get the problem. Hope that's of some use! If not, let me know and we'll see what else we can find out about the cause.

One other thing: If you're not using the latest tablet drivers it might be worthwhile downloading them from the manufacturer's website and installing them.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    I had the latest version of ArtRage already and my drivers are also up to date, so that wasn't the cause (i also tried other programs after i read your reply, and it didn't happen there), anyway, using this no-ink file worked, thank you a lot, you people are awesome !

Gallery
    View images
    Awesome! I'm really glad that did the trick.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks for the no_ink tip My wacom bamboo now works alot better and I don't get the mark when I right click. Thanks
    Bumble on deviantART
    Bumble's Photos
    Friendship is the song in your heart and friends are the ones who sing it back to you when you forget the words.