ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Visible threads

Visible threads

Is there a way to make more than 20 threads visible on one page when viewing a forum?

Robert, when this gets to working right... you go to User CP (control panel)
    located above...
    then click on edit options from the links on the left.
    go to thread viewing and change the number of threads to view on a page.

currently it seems stuck on forum default for me but it did change to showing more threads.

All that does for me is change the number of posts per thread on one page. I'd like to see more threads per forum.

It is working kind of sporadically right now. The settings sometimes do not
    retain your preferences even after hitting save changes. I set it to view 40 threads but still only shows about 20 forcing a second page.

It seems to be working for me, but I did notice one caveat which might make the result a little unexpected. If the 'Default Thread Age Cut Off' is set to the forum default in your options ( same place as the other setting ), then you would've only be seeing the posts from the last few days.

For example - I changed my number of threads to display to 40, but got 30ish in the Technical forum, because there had only been that many in the last few days. I've just updated the forum settings to show all threads, so the number of threads you see should now match the number you choose per page in your options. Let me know if you find you're still having problems.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Nope. Tried that and still getting only 20 threads per page plus stickies.

Thanks for the information, I've managed to duplicate the problem. Ok, I'm not sure on that one currently, but I'll see what I can do when I get the chance.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Thank you David. It's not a big problem and I'll certainly not lose any sleep over it.

You're correct Robert, that user CP setting doesn't appear to relate to threads per page, just the number of posts per page within a thread so I believe that one's working as intended. However, I'll do some finding out and see if there's any way for users to override the default threads per page setting. It's quite ok, happy to look into it!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Update to this: vbulletin doesn't have a feature which allows users to select the number of threads they want to see by default, only the number of posts. The number of threads per page is controlled by the setup of the forum and can't be overriden on a per-user basis. I've bumped it to 30 threads per page for the moment, we'll see how well that works for everyone.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design