ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Problem with thumbnail viewer

Problem with thumbnail viewer

Hi,

I have downloaded the thumbnail viewer for Windows XP (32bit) but get the following error message during the install process. Any hints, tips or solutions?

jester
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2008-05-21_234215.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	76.7 KB 
ID:	16178  

Hi Jester,

Since the thumbnail viewer was updated most recently in order to be Vista compliant, we've noticed that some users are getting this error message when attempting to install. Check the following:

1/ Make sure you are logged on as the administrator
    2/ Disable any antivirus software temporarily then attempt to reinstall the viewer
    3/ Search for the file arthumb.dll and check that it's in your windows/system32 directory.
    From a command prompt (or the 'run' start menu option) type:
    regsvr32 "C:/windows/system32/arthumb.dll"

If none of the above options work, unfortunately it appears that the current thumbnail viewer dll won't register on your system. I have a bug noted down here with the error message, and while we've not been able to reproduce it locally, we do have some ideas as to the cause and will be looking to make some changes for a future update. Sorry for the inconvenience!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Hi Dave,

thanks for your fast answer. I followed your instructions but, alas, it still does not work. I get a different looking error message with the same error code. I found the dll as ARThumb.dll and even re-named it to small caps before executing the run-command. I have Kasperky Internet Security 7 and de-activated it during the process.

So I guess I'll have to wait till you fix it.

This information might help you: I run Windows XP 32bit SP3 (Home edition) on a system with an AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3000+, 3GB RAM, MSI Starforce GeForce 6600 (NVIDIA GeForce 6600).

Thanks

jester
    Attached Images Attached Images