ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Custom palette

Custom palette

I haven't found any tip like this on this forum nor in the help file and so I thought I might share what I found out.

When you are tracing a picture finding the right color might turn out difficult (esp. for beginners). When your want to use the exact colors you can load the picture you are tracing right into the color picker with

Custom Picker --> Load Custom Picker --> file-you-are.tracing.jpg

Works fine for me!

jester

Hi jester,

If you´re just wanting to work with the color palette of your tracing image, you can just leave the default "use colors of tracing image" or whatever it says.
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

Alternatively, you can import an image as a reference picture. With the picture on the stage, holding down the "alt" key and left clicking with the mouse will acquire the color the mouse cursor is over on the reference.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

ScottF, thanks for your answer, however, that was not what I was looking for when I tried to use the file as palette - I want to pick the colors myself, not just to trace - the results are really different.

Someonesane, great, that was more what I was looking for. So now I have two methods to pick my colors.

jester