Thread: PM Box full on new forums? Check here

Gallery
    View images

PM Box full on new forums? Check here

Hi all,

The new forums count the number of PMs ( private messages ) for each user differently than the old, in that they now include sent messages in your total.

As a result, you may find that you see a message at the top right hand corner of your screen indicating that your PM box is 100% full.

To fix this, click on the 'Private Messages' link above it, then click the arrow in the drop down box entitled 'Jump to folder' ( also below ) and select 'Sent Items'.

You can empty your sent items by clicking 'Empty Folder' if you don't want to keep any of them. If you only want to delete some of your sent items, put a check in the box at the right of any messages you no longer need then at the bottom choose the 'Delete' option for selected messages and clicking the 'Go' button.

Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

irishrose Guest
    Dave, I did see this on the new quick links section, and there were PMs that I had sent that had already been deleted a long time ago (I hardly ever keep sent messages)... is there a reason they came back? No big deal, I just deleted them again!

Gallery
    View images
    I believe what happened is that the old forum system kept a record of everyone's sent messages, and when we imported to the new system it basically kept them all and added them to everyone's overall number of messages. I had the same problem. They should stay deleted now!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

irishrose Guest
    Yay, thanks Dave! This forum is a blessing!