Thread: Image Posting

Gallery
    View images

Image Posting

I like the image I post to just fill the screen, and not to be any larger, so one does not have to scroll to view.. I think it was like that for me with the old forum format.. Anybody have any idea as to the size I want to shrink to, to accomplish this??
    Click Upper Right To Visit My Gallery

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Rick!

The previous forums had the maximum image size of 800 by 800 pixels. You should find on the new forums that if you attach anything larger than this, it will still appear at this size ( a maximum of 800 by 800 pixels ) but that people will be able to click it to see your larger image in a separate window if they want. You'll see an example image below ( of dubious artistic merit I'm afraid! )

I'd recommend using the method here to attach an image either from your local machine or a web link, as it takes care of resizing and thumbnailing it for you - http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5. You can also link images from other websites using other methods, but they don't end up being thumbnailed and resized in the same manner.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	test2000.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	300.7 KB 
ID:	16132  

Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Dave,

Am looking forward to using the new forum.

A quick question/observation: the image you showed in this thread showed up large. On clicking it got small. Is that correct? Just asking.
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Scott,

I think I know what's going on there. The image will show up in a new window, but some browsers will automatically size it to fit the new window. If you move your mouse over the image, you should see an icon near your cursor and be able to click to make the browser show the image at its true size which will be larger than the thumbnail you see above.

If you prefer your browser not to automatically resize images, this can be disabled in Internet Explorer by going to Tools, Options, Advanced, then under Multimedia unchecking 'Enable automatic image resizing'. Otherwise, clicking once on the image should do the trick.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design