ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Frankie

Gallery
    View images

Frankie

Well, any critic on this (non-self) portrait?

I think it has good enough shadows and highlights, what do you think?

Gallery
    View images
    i like your style, i think to make it a bit more menacing, the shadows need to be a bit more darker maybe?
    Enchanter
    Draw what you see!....not what you think you see!!
    My artist friend

We Must each think of ourselves as an endless work in progress ....Harley Brown

Gallery
    View images
    Some further study of the human form would help. Yes, I know it is a monster. Knowing the underlying structure of the human head is very helpful.Here is a link that might get you started http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Head
    I am assuming that because you posted to the critique section that you want some useful criticism to help you advance in your skills.
    Try drawing some skulls from different angles. Paint them or not. Keep up the work you are presently doing but add to it by giving yourself goals..
    You'll know when you get there!

Gallery
    View images
    ENCHANTER: in fact, the expression i intended is sadness, but maybe it needs some more shadows.

ingie01: thanks for the link, but what part of the head you think is wrong?

Gallery
    View images
    There is nothing wrong with your present "frankie". Your painting on flicker called Borja is outstanding, completely different but shows an understanding of portrait work.
    You'll know when you get there!

Gallery
    View images
    Well, that painting is not exactly one of my best The resemblance with the actual person (my nephew) is zero, except maybe for the expression.

However, since it is an Acrylic paint, i suppose it could be worse I prefer digital (with ArtRage of course).