ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Tranquillity

Tranquillity

Any suggestion to help me to make this picture more "realistic" is welcome. I feel like there's many things that are wrong here, but I don't know what should be retouched...

I'm still far from Khalid_ipda's landscapes
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lac_183.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	16047  

Hello Zephon, could only comment that it is beautiful, love the cool blues and greens and style, would be so nice to be there!

There's certainly nothing wrong with this as is. You have a lot of good things happening here, most notably the sky, water, and foreground. The distant trees lack depth so I'd only suggest trying to break them up with some small points of color. But definately hang on to this version. Overall it's pretty darn good.

The painting is wonderful and balanced as it is.
    To have it look more realistic, in case, it would mean, I think, to proceed adding on more colours (more of them in little strokes and different ones in warm or cold part of the painting), on tones (light and shadows, more intense and generally warmer in the near field) and on detailing (neater on the closes parts like the leaves and more blurried in the far field).
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

I, too, think itīs well done. But you canīt go wrong following the advice of Robert and Caesar in the future. They seem to know their stuff. :wink:
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

i've made some modifications... but i keep working on it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4_963.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	114.3 KB 
ID:	16121  

Nice, I can't stop looking at the pretty water reflections. Maybe some smaller strokes in the water would help?

I have seen really impressive water reflections on the forum (Khalid_ipda, fotoman and so on). I try to understand their techniques (kind of reverse engineering ) but I think something is still missing me...

This could be really nice if I could find tutorial about 'how to draw water reflections as these people do"