ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: ArtRage Deluxe 2.5?

ArtRage Deluxe 2.5?

I saw that smithmicro is selling something called ArtRage Deluxe 2.5 on ContentParadise (I'm not allowed to post links as I'm newly registered, so copy and paste this and replace - with . to get to the sales page; www-contentparadise-com/us/user/artrage_deluxe_25_product_41812).
    How does this differ from the ordinary full version of ArtRage 2.5?, and why does smithmicro sell it?

I believe the only difference is that the deluxe version includes a CD and manual. Otherwise itīs the same program. As to why itīs available on other sites, I have no idea. Seems like a good way to make more money to fund ArtRage development.
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottF
    I believe the only difference is that the deluxe version includes a CD and manual. Otherwise itīs the same program. As to why itīs available on other sites, I have no idea. Seems like a good way to make more money to fund ArtRage development.
    That's strange, the same version on the ArtRage web site calls it ArtRage 2.5 Plus, not Deluxe. They do seem to be the same though.

Cheers

ArtRage 2.5 Deluxe is a boxed edition with added content, tutorials, stencils and whatnot. It is going to be available for sales in actual physical stores, through a publisher.
    The core application is the same as ArtRage 2.5. The higher price point is a reflection of the additional content, and the costs associated with geting a boxed product into physical stores.
    You're correct in thinking that internet-savvy people would be able to purchase ArtRage 2.5 Full or Plus edition online and save some money. However there is a large segment of the target audience for ArtRage who are unable to use the Internet to make a purchase. So the ArtRage 2.5 Deluxe edition in stores is now available for them.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Future of ArtRage 2.5 Deluxe

I just got e-mails talking about ArtRage from SmithMicro and this sounds incredible! If there have been that many downloads the word hasn't gotten to the USA.

Smith Micro's Web site announced availability of AR 2.5 Deluxe for both Win/Mac! Perfect. But from the press release they specifically indicate V2.5. Does anyone know if they have the right to future versions or upgrades. I'm ready to buy some as gifts but don't want to purchase something that is a "one shot" deal.

I would ask Smith Micro but being they are a distributor of many products I doubt I will get a response in my lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyRage View Post
    You're correct in thinking that internet-savvy people would be able to purchase ArtRage 2.5 Full or Plus edition online and save some money.
    I am owner of the 2.5 full version. Got the email from smith micro too these days, was woundering about the deluxe, but the explanation is very clear.
    Now it would be interesting to me, where to find a Plus edition of 2.5 or what does it contain?

Smith Micro sell ArtRage Deluxe, which is exactly the same software as the ArtRage 2.5 Full Edition, but comes on a DVD with additional content such as extra tutorials, sample paintings, some additional stencils and painting videos. No Smith Micro version of ArtRage comes with a printed manual.

Our own ArtRage Plus (there is a bit of confusion here, Smith Micro also sell an ArtRage Plus which has less content than Deluxe, but is still the same software) had a printed manual but is now out of print and no longer available.

So, long story short: ArtRage 2.5 Full Edition is the same software that comes with all the bundles, but the Smith Micro offerings come on a DVD with additional content.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.