ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Contest

Contest

found this sight .Its a contest billboard nudes in NYC AND MIAMI http://christinaked.com/?gclid=CKDEj...FQdHagodFyyawg

This is a seriously cool art gallery link. I liked the walk through the virtual gallery, and at first I thought it was mainly about photography, but navigating around the previous winners revealled some amazing fine art paintings :shock:

So do you think ArtRage can handle billboard sized images then?

im gonna enter . Im just not sure which one. Any favs of of my stuff come to mind?
    and yes you just have to up the dpi to 300.350 i think.
    or bring it in to photoshop.

Having designed a billboard before I can tell you billboards are huge. The best program to do them in is a vector program since then they will be mathematically scalable to any size. 60 x 40 ft is an amazingly huge file unless it is done in vector at the same scale only smaller. Also keep in mind you get nothing for it except the exposure of your work. They get unlimited use of your file forever. You surrender all rights to it. I think you could fairly well reproduce your work in a vector program if you have one.

I Made It In !!!!!! Wish Me Luck Everyone.......................

Dear Popepain, looked back a some of your paintings and still like 'Pearls' and 'Auburn Hair', don't know which one got you in but Good Luck anyway,, ps, saw the 'blue dog' one, and your wife thought it looked familiar,,, well, i think it looks like your avatar,,, not being smartypants but the colors are very similar,,,good luck again,,, let us know how it turns out,,

Well done popepain!!!!!!!!!

That's a great link, as Roweena commented. Very good for ideas too.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

pearls is the one that was excepted. its under the miami gallery

Funny thing, small world. . . I recognize a drawing that belongs to a friend. Apparently the artist submitted it himself. Makes me wonder if the gal who owns it has the original after all or a just print. It was a gift to her from the artist.

Small small world.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

I saw your entry in the Miami section Popepain...
    It looks great!! well done you, and wishing you the best of luck
    I hope you get the billboard.

BTW, did you do it all in artrage? and what size/format did you enter?