Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wine and Candle VII

Gallery
    View images

Wine and Candle VII

Ah yes, the old two thirds one third approach.. Not really the way I would normally go about it, but for some reason or another, it is what is happening.. :?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Click Upper Right To Visit My Gallery

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Rick,

You're just keep amazing me with your patience and attention to details is awesome. This new one will be another stunning piece IMHO. Very beautiful work in progress pieces.

Gallery
    View images
    Thank you very much Pai..

Gallery
    View images
    Beautiful work Rick Painstakingly beautiful. Your attention to detail is a pleasure to see.

Gallery
    View images
    The glass and the wine are unbelievably good. I feel you're on the verge of being Ambient Design's most powerful ambassador.

Gallery
    View images
    Wow! Brilliant as always. (You couldn´t bear to show a whole glass of white wine, eh? :wink: ) Just kidding. There´s probably no one currently on the forums who can handle glass the way you do.
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

Gallery
    View images
    Thank you GZ and Robert.. Robert, with some of the work I have seen on this forum, I am not even close.. But thanks so much for the wonderfull compliment..
    And thank you to Scott.. Yeah, the white is a struggle, but there are some things in life I just have to accept.. (I guess) :wink:

Gallery
    View images
    Great stuff Rick.
    Going wonderfully well.

If you don't mind me asking, what's your general technique/approach to achieving such a polished look. Multiple layers vs single layer, favoured tools? That kind of thing.
    If I'm asking something already answered in another thread, do please point me at it. It's so easy to miss stuff with such a plethora of goodies about.

Cheers,
    Nick
    Nick Harris Artwork
    http://nickillus.com

New system as of April 2011
    i5 quad core - Asus P7P55LX
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    8gig DDR3 RAM
    Wacom intuos 3 A5
    Radeon 512mb graphics card

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Nick, actually this one has been completed and is now in the gallery.. As to the process and tools, I will at one time or another in most paintings use just abot all that is offered in the tool box.. However, mostly I use oil and chalk.. I like to work without the knife if possibele, and do my blending by painting, rather than spreading.. Layers?? Bunches and bunches of layers.. Each grape might have 3 to 4 layers, then I combine them and start on another grape.. When all grapes are complete, I would then combine all the grapes into one layer.. Each one of us probably has their own process for doing things.. Mine is long and drawn out, but it is really how I prefer it.. Hope I have helped.. Thanks again.. By the way, your work is just wonderfull.. very professional..

Gallery
    View images
    Hey thanks for the info and the nice comments Rick. Much appreciated.

I'm a great fan of having lots of layers too. I can get in terrible knots when I forget to name often enough and the file can get bulky and slow. BUT for me the pros far outweigh the cons in the freedom it gives you. It's obviously a system that works well for you, looking at the results you get. Nice one.
    Nick Harris Artwork
    http://nickillus.com

New system as of April 2011
    i5 quad core - Asus P7P55LX
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    8gig DDR3 RAM
    Wacom intuos 3 A5
    Radeon 512mb graphics card