Thread: Finger Painting

Gallery
    View images

Finger Painting

Have another set of crazy ideas...........

I was thinking something that the Kids would love... a finger paint tool with gel, common thick gooey paints, liquid metal, and it could function sort of along the line of what KPT Goo used to do... and with the ability to add reflection maps, environment maps, multiple lighting from shiny to matte looks, transparency, brush thickness, brush noise for dirty grimey brushes, texture map import for the brush shapes, brush size and opacity etc....., glow - i know why glow? because it's neat, sub-surface brush textures - maybie stretching it abit with that one, i think that sums it up for now..........

This is what got me thinking about some of this stuff... i think the company is dead... been trying to contact them for months now and never a reply...............

http://www.mindscopesoftware.com/FP.shtml

Gallery
    View images
    Interesting idea! Messy gooey paint with fun effects
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    Yeah... i figured what the hey... you guys have the technology, the active development, and a very supportive community.

These kind of features that i posted would be just grand and with playing with thick 3D painterly textures the kids and adults alike would love this stuff.

Gallery
    View images
    :lol: ... Makes me wish for a tablet capable of multiple input points. I'd have my hands strapped into a pen for every finger like Edward scissorhands. Let the goop fly! :lol:
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

Gallery
    View images
    "Goop Brush" hmmm??? with all the texture effects to boot!

Gallery
    View images
    Goop along
    Like the idea !
    Just say: "Rage It", because we already know it's art.

My ArtRage 3 and 4 Gallery------My Site ------- BROWSE MY BOOK

Gallery
    View images

Finger, yes, painting, dunno...

Firstly, I want to say hello to all of you. Just found ArtRage yesterday and think it's an absolutely marvellous piece of software. It immediately gained place on my toolbox (Along with Photoshop and a few other programs) No need to toy with my Painter essentials anymore. Sucked, anyway. =)
    Now for the feature request:
    I would need a finger tool that is not a finger painter, but more a finger "smudger". Allow me to expalin myself. When I draw with normal pastels, I rub the image with my finger to get an effect where the color totally covers the paper underneath. The color gets somewhat more matte than it normally is and becomes a lot more dense. That way I can get my black areas to be REALLY black if I want. It is also a great technique for producing airbrushed- like skies and such.
    The pastels on ArtRage are otherwise exellent and the papers are convincing as well, but this one feature would make the simulation perfect for me.
    Please, if it's doable, do it.
    But keep Artrage simple too. It is the best thing about the program now. It's almost like working with real paper and colors. Practically no learning curve. Outstanding.

Gallery
    View images
    Yes... a finger smudger could work very well with the "Goop Brush" concept... if a user could switch from brush type to a smudge effect back and forth within the goop material types i suggested... maybie it can be called simply "Goop" or "Gooper"???