ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Chalk or Crayon - which do you prefer?

Chalk or Crayon - which do you prefer?

I know there was a discussion about the differences between the chalk and crayon tools a while ago.

I was curious which one people tend to prefer, and if they have a reason.

D.

I've actually just started using the crayons myself. I think I avoided them initially because they were "just crayons"! I think I like them better, too, Sweedie.

D.

Crayon for me mostly.
    Not that the chalk isn't a good tool itself, but the crayon blends better and richer for what I do.

I primarily use the crayon between the two. Chalk doesn't seem to get in the dents as well and is kindof hard to use when applying pressure (I should probably tweak my tablet settings). That's not to say I haven't used it, though. It's been handy for getting some interesting textures on the canvas.

However, I don't use either very often as I like to stick with the airbrush, oil brush, and pencil.

crayon is probly more usefull but I always have more fun and get more vibrant colours with chalk...harder to control but I like it anyhow

Selby
    "I like to have a thing suggested rather than told in full. When every detail is given, the mind rests satisfied, and the imagination loses the desire to use its own wings."
    ~Thomas Bailey Aldrich~