Thread: Sunflower Petals

Gallery
    View images

Sunflower Petals

Hey all,

I posted this into a thread in the works in progress as an answer to a question. I decided to post it here to make it more visible to people looking for this sort of thing.

One thing that is important for readers to understand about the tutorial is that I am assuming the use of a stylus and tablet *not* a mouse. I understand that there are many who have not yet purchased a tablet and the costs may be hard to justify but I can't state strongly enough my opinion that for digital artwork a stylus and tablet are of supreme importance. That said I hope you can find this useful.

There is a Larger Version posted HERE.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

Gallery
    View images
    Thank you Fashmir. It is allways interesting to se some tricks from a master like you. DoodLS

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks Fashmir. that was really helpful. can you also mention what settings you have used to make that background texture?? i've been fiddling around with settings since a long time, but yet to come up with something like that. i am a BIG fan of textures . if possible, do mention it pls. i am a newbie.

Gallery
    View images
    Hey bubblez- here is a link to more information on that canvas.

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...ead.php?t=4547

I also did a tutorial on the creation of custom paper grains. You can read that here:

http://fashmir.blogspot.com/2007/02/...-tutorial.html

Thank for asking.
    Last edited by Fashmir; 06-24-2008 at 06:04 PM.
    Be well,

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Fashmir
    The Burlap texture is something i really want, but it want it at 300 dpi. do you have a copy of the same at that resolution too?

thanks for the tut link too i really appreciate your help.

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Bubblez,

The secret of this file is that it tiles seamlessly from edge to edge. For use as a grain ArtRage will tile this automatically if you exceed the size of the 2000x1400 of the burlap. The importance of your 300 dpi only comes into play when you save out your image from ArtRage. I hope this makes sense.

Incidentally a lot of people ask me for images at 300dpi and don't mention the number of inches they require. This is like asking for building to be delivered at 300 bricks per square foot and not mentioning how high or wide the structure is supposed to be in feet and inches. It's only half of the information.
    Be well,

Gallery
    View images
    Actually yes i'd like to print whatever i make on that paper. LOL about the brick thing. I wanted to use it on a 12x12" layout. I figured out how to go about it with the help of your blog tut.
    thanks so so much