ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Prince & Buds

Gallery
    View images

The Prince & Buds

A little departure here. Did this on Note Paper (while camping) then colorized and tweaked in Art Rage. All just for fun!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    My real name is Neal Gilbertson, AKA Gilbert Neilson, AKA Jibes.
    I'm a musician too. Please come hear my music at:
    http://www.icompositions.com/artists/jibes

Gallery
    View images
    Great work, very Dickensian, love it
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

Gallery
    View images
    A change of style although the "hand" is recognisable.
    Well done Jibes! :wink:
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Gallery
    View images
    You are not afraid to tackle the challenges encountered with multiple figures and you are gaining experience in areas some of us are afraid to even get our toes wet with. I love your style. This one does have a Dicken's character feel like Gina said. http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...nymphs_137.jpg It's great to see someone tackling the multiple figures. (Well Caesar does too.) And of course the masterful painters like Tinzo. I remember a beauty of a painting done by Rioz on this forum called two nymphs in a tropical forest scene.
    I will try to find it. You would love it.

Ha! found it.

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...nymphs_137.jpg

Gallery
    View images
    Charles Dickens characters...yes that was my first thought
    good composition.......
    Enchanter
    Draw what you see!....not what you think you see!!
    My artist friend

We Must each think of ourselves as an endless work in progress ....Harley Brown

Gallery
    View images
    Hi. I've only time for a quick reply here and I thank one and all for your great comments.
    Wow! That painting by Rioz of "two nymphs in a tropical forest scene" is trully fantastic! Thanks for the link.

Gallery
    View images
    Wonderful style! Like this one alot!

Gallery
    View images
    Nice idea -- to color sketches. Keeps the page from warping when you get it wet. I'm an old sketcher myself and went through mechanical difficulties when laying in washes of color a little bit. Loved the effect but it made the drawing horrible from warping.

And I didn't like the formality of expensive paper either. Just casual drawings with materials at hand.

But I do recall how jazzed I was while sketching in coffee houses using my coffee as a sepia wash. What was cool is that depending on the amount of cream I uses it controlled the tint of the brown.

Fun stuff.

Anyway, this is a cool one indeed though I am not sure what it was you were capturing. Just out of your head or is this something you actually saw?

Images like this sort of beg the question since there's a lot going on without something poignant happening.

Keep up the good work!

Get enough of these you could do a slide show set to your music. Maybe even tell a story that way. Music and lyrics plus color and images.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by D Akey
    Anyway, this is a cool one indeed though I am not sure what it was you were capturing. Just out of your head or is this something you actually saw?
    D Akey.

Thanks for your comments. I'll have to try the coffee wash idea.
    This drawing just happened. I drew 4 ovals (Very lightly) with lines coming down from them like balloons on a string and took it from there. I had nothing in mind as usual.
    And I rarely discard a drawing either. I stubbornly try to make something of it no matter what! Most of the time, with digital it can be done.

Gallery
    View images
    Great work, and so original.
    Well done!!!