ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: composition help

composition help

howdy..... I am trying to learn/ understand putting a picture together. I have this image started....she won't get to much more detail, probably work in some more contrast with the flesh tone, the "scarf" i am getting stuck on.

But i was wondering, if i clean up the figure some more, how would that work in terms of catching the eye, attention, space thing, if that at all makes sense. Or should something be added to focus attention.

Sorry if that is a bit confusing, I am fairly new at how to express some of this...i am mostly a doodler..

thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled_634.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	225.5 KB 
ID:	15556  

it looks perfect as it is IMHO

Personally, I would crop it. I see no need for all of the "dead space". The figure is looking back into the picture and the arc brings the eye back to the right. The rest is superfluous.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

update and thanks

thanks for the feedback...I like the idea of cropping... here is an update with some more detailing of the hair/scarf....i like it a bit better this way

Name:	untitled2_146.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	237.4 KB 
ID:	15559  

Why don't You put something within similar colour tones for instance, to the left on the floor to counterbalance?
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

love the flow and technique spiderman, might possibly help if background wasn't flat
    regards
    HEKIM
    http://www.b3ta.com - the image challenges are great fun
    http://netropolis.lineone.net - the most addictive game ever

great feedback

thank you for your ideas, I am finding them very helpful, and also thank you for the encouragement....
    here is one more update...i added in some hair, which I think balances things out a bit....next post will be when she is finished...

Name:	untitled_201.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	227.2 KB 
ID:	15598