Page 66 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Thread: Food with an ATTITUDE! (an invitation)

HAHAHAHAHAHA Caesar! You old turkey baster!

Bravo and oh my goodness gracious madonna mia! Please, somebody pass that poor hen a feather duster or something.

I've rarely seen such an abundant cornucopia of possible jokes pouring out of one image. You are a veritable Indian corn of plenty.

You have the spirit of Thanksgiving seven coursing through your paintings. . . especially this one! Knocked the stuffin' clean out of me. . .

(alarms going off in the background: colloquialism alert - colloquialism alert)
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thank You, dear D Akey! LOL
    Apparently while You stuffed Your turkey I stuffed my vignette.
    I realize I can be more eloquent with images than with English, so
    I rather convey
    my jokes this way ...
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

The REAL Story ~ ~ ~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

History all to often does not present accurate accounts of significant occurrences.

Most have accepted the skewed account that the three ships that sailed to the
    new world were the Nina, Pinta and the Santa Maria but sad to say this unfounded
    rumor was perpetuated by the Druids after their architectural boondoggle, Stonehenge
    caved in which left the builders embarrassed before their piers and were banished to
    a yet undisclosed island, sadly spending the rest of their remaining years telling lies.

The sea worthy vessels that braved unsettled waters and brought the pilgrims to America
    were named after the REAL voyager adventurers, an Italian Captain, his scullery maid,
    cook and devoted admirer, who when not being chased around from stem to stern by idle
    ship mates with run amuck notions, invented a savory dough pie and spicy sausage roll
    which became the Captain's favorite meal and can still be enjoyed even today by the
    slice or whole.

We are now most proud to announce the true names of these three notable ships of
    passage that landed on Plymouth Rock by mistake because one of the ships mates
    tossed the sextant overboard thinking it might allow him more private time at sea with
    the scullery maid ... ( He got veeery dizzy running around the poop deck and fell
    overboard while attempting to catch her! ) ... and they are ...

"The Caesar, the Pizza and the Maria Anna" and ... now you know the REST of the story.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Mairzie Dotes; 11-26-2009 at 10:40 AM.
    Mairzie Dotes

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Me, I favor the loins of the turkey. You can give Caesar the wish bone. He being Italian, with their later wave of immigration it suits the scenario, I think.

Don't ya just love Pilgrim reenactments! Beats the Civil War fetish all to hell with their hoe cakes if they can get even that. Way better food.

D Akey,
    Welllllllll ... I favor the stuffing and ... since you just loooooove Pilgrim
    reenactments ... in your honor there is a play in progress as we speak
    ... above. Just follow the scent of Pizza and Pepperoni!
    Mairzie Dotes

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Since I sort of perceived someone was evoking repeatedly my spirit ....

SEE ALSO THE MAIN GALLERY ...

Dear Caesar,
    OMGosh!!! Someone has just run afoul with this shy Turkeyette and has
    shamelessly dressed her down to a state of plucky undress! Who IS this
    dirty bird who would pluck her outters down to her gizzard ... we want
    names! Wonderful painting ... just love the levity and ... did you
    happen to use the "basting" tool to achieve such "savory" results?
    Mairzie Dotes

Thank You very much, dearest Mary Ann for this historical lecture!! LOL

Although this picture confirms the fact that I cannot decently wear a hat since centuries (looking to my foregrandfather), I must confess that this ancestor on mine looks anyway great and elegant with such a black suit and the white socks and neck and wrist accessories.
    I'm sort of doubtful, though, that he was always a perfectly pious and morigerate pilgrim fathers though, but I believe he was a quite demonstrative guy, with the natives too and especially with their damsels longing for poetries and portraits.
    I'm also pleased to notice that the familiar tradition to never let a sausage shortage occur, thanks to the special creative cornucopia, existed since very long time in my race.
    I would guess the Captain preferred, for some empathic reason, the sausage roller in the unsliced version recipe and I only wonder whether the maid had a different choice, since she was reported to be continuously escaping the chase according to the reported story.

Dear D Akey, it's our turn (Italy and Europe) now to have large immigration waves and I can assure they're of the kind of an harder and longer management for integration, since, after all, Italians tend to become mostly and soon not strangers all over they expatriate as soon as they have the opportunity (in civilized places at least).
    Our very last wave of immigrants was able to apparently take out of crisis the Chrysler, that previous waves highly contributed to develop and make successful (two cousins of my mother for instance).
    All this was anyway more than due in my view, since it was both mutually convenient but also our American friends and brothers did not leave Europe, and Italy, under the terrible dictatorships only a few decades ago, so they deserve my and our loyalty too ...

Thank You, dear Mair!
    Actually it was not me the one she's referring too. We don't have Thanksgiving here (or anywhere outside US) as yet, just the commercial part of Halloween was exported ...
    Therefore I had nothing to do with the basting tool this time ...

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Thank You very much, dearest Mary Ann for this historical lecture!! LOL

Although this picture confirms the fact that I cannot decently wear a hat since centuries (looking to my foregrandfather), I must confess that this ancestor on mine looks anyway great and elegant with such a black suit and the white socks and neck and wrist accessories.
    I'm sort of doubtful, though, that he was always a perfectly pious and morigerate pilgrim fathers though, but I believe he was a quite demonstrative guy, with the natives too and especially with their damsels longing for poetries and portraits.
    I'm also pleased to notice that the familiar tradition to never let a sausage shortage occur, thanks to the special creative cornucopia, existed since very long time in my race.
    I would guess the Captain preferred, for some empathic reason, the sausage roller in the unsliced version recipe and I only wonder whether the maid had a different choice, since she was reported to be continuously escaping the chase according to the reported story.

Dear Caesar,
    I would venture that in this particular Pilgrim play, the maid is veeeery
    choosey about her mates and she would only bake a pizza pie for the
    one who holds the bountiful cornucopia of plentiful ingredients. Plain
    cheese pizza's are never as zesty and fresh fruited fruit from the plains
    for dessert ... a feast fit for any pioneer!
    Last edited by Mairzie Dotes; 11-26-2009 at 10:47 AM.
    Mairzie Dotes

Oh no toooo funnnnny!!!