ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: moused

moused

Here are a few of my mouse paintings, done with version 1
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Oh wow, those are gorgeous!
    You did those with a mouse? In version 1? That's phenomenal!

Thanks very much for posting - I look forward to seeing more of your work.

AndyRage.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Well done!

Hi,

I recognise the technique and have the giant seethrough palette, stiff paints etc in the garage now.

I think that Artrage1 and the palette knife did this style better than the new version. But doing it at all with a Mouse is really an achievement.

When Andy and the guys have had time to respond to all the nagging and come up with dry "dry" brush, a Fan brush and a better Palette knife then I will dive back into these landscapes.

Well done. Great paintings.
    Luck is infatuated with the efficient.

A very agile mouse! What diet do you feed it? I find that I have to adjust my mouse speed to get the best out of it. The mouse speed is set to almost the lowest value so that the strokes I make on screen take up more distance on the mouse mat. This give me more control. Do you do the same?

The technique is indeed recognisable. Was that really his hair?

Quote Originally Posted by redDon
    The technique is indeed recognisable. Was that really his hair?
    I asked the same question.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

happy little trees, happy little bushes...the first painting is indeed direct from the wild haired ones book.
    The technique worked, so I used it. I appreciate all the comments. I never thought about setting the mouse to a different speed, but I think I will give it a try. I have a rollerball, so its really one finger painting. I try not to feed it much, but it seems to consume cigarette ashes now and then. :wink:

Hi little Critters,

The bad news is that BR only seems ahievable with an upmarket graphics pen. I, being of a great age and not really caring about debt anymore, have just stepped up to an Intuos3.

You can then control the mad palette knife enough to carve out a mountain. Then you need another layer for the snow, and one for the little misty areas.

Also, always do your signature in Red like Bob did, it stands out at the front of the painting and adds another layer.

Think of the Intuos3 as your friend, everybody needs one!

Oh shoot! You should see what the squirrel has just done in my shirt pocket!

The tree and little bushes and grassy things really need some new brushes. That's why they don't have little leaves and firecrackers!

The hair was part of his trademark, it's on all the products.
    I'm not sure it was genuine in his later days.
    Another reason to go buy an Intuos3 while you're still around!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

No $ here for a graphics pen, but trust me, you can do BR with version 1 and a mouse. :wink: My trick is to use "liquid white", a thick layer of white paint on the entire canvas first.
    I never painted in "real life" so I still forget about signing the darn things.
    Anyhow, nice tribute...I shouldn't have neglected my inspiration in my opening post. I'm still so excited about this forun in general!

i'm really into the pastel pool image. nice!

Hi Cym,

If you import a plain white picture as a painting, it becomes a sort of "liquid white" covered canvas. Similarly black.

Try it, but there is a problem.

The layer of wet paint that is generated would not pass "the fingerprint test ". It is an incredibly thick layer. It may be unavoidable, but I have mentioned this to The Family Rage a number of times and am confident that they will come up with a solution.