Thread: Terran Dropping

Gallery
    View images

Terran Dropping

Hi guys,

My first post here, but i've been looking around a while already.

I've noticed people here don't really like things with violence in them, nor anything that is gruesome (don't worry, this isn't gruesome :wink: )

So apart from the guns and stuff, what i'm actually trying to showcase here is the lighting and the background, as this is the first drawing i've ever tried making a background for, and i'm pretty proud of how it came out myself.

I've also concentrated more on the coloring, as I normally dont color eighter. So i'm asking on critique of the coloring / background, offcourse all critique is welcome.

My problem is, I can only draw this kindof stuff. I just can't find anything else I feel like drawing (So things without "action) Any ideas what I could draw?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	terran_drop_920.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	85.6 KB 
ID:	15323  

Gallery
    View images
    Images of a somewhat violent nature can be posted in the after 9 oclock gallery in most cases.

Gallery
    View images
    Nice job. Have you seen This Thread in the Art Projects area? Seems like something you might be interested in.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks someoneinsane, looks pretty cool.

To RobertSwade, I know, but I wasn't sure if it was really violent.

If it is, the mod's can move it.

I really want to learn how to draw people tough, like, regular people. I can't seem to do that :|

Gallery
    View images
    Well you're in luck then. ArtRage should help you along nicely with that, since it allows you to import images as layers, tracings and references. If you're looking to draw people in a more realistic manner, try downloading some reference images of people off the internet and then importing those images as a layer in ArtRage (you could import them as a tracing as well, but I prefer layers because I can control the opacity and position better that way). Turn the layers opacity down and trace over some of the images, paying attention to how the body in each picture would differ from an image you drew free hand (things like foreshortened body parts, or limbs that are hidden when at a certain perspective) . After a few tracings, remove any tracing images and try to apply these differences to a free hand drawing.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Gallery
    View images
    I'll do that, thanks for the tips

Gallery
    View images
    Dear N1trone, you should be proud! a first one? terrific? bet you love action and videos, lucky that you can put that into a drawing, have fun here!