Thread: Zoisite sketch

Gallery
    View images

Zoisite sketch

I was doodling around on my break at work when I drew this picture of Zoisite, a bad guy from the first season of Sailor Moon. I tinted the paper yellow and used mostly sepias and some peach for the highlights, and I love the effect it made! The eyes look kinda weird though, and I think I got his face wrong. I was trying to make him look like he's either hanging his head or sulking. Anyway, how did I do with the shading? Lookin' for crits and redlines ^^
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Gallery
    View images
    Sounds cool, but where's the image?
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Gallery
    View images
    sanjouin-dacapo,
    great sketch.

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by gzairborne
    sanjouin-dacapo,

you can click on the edit button and then click on Browse to find the image on your computer. Then just hit the submit button again and you will have image the
    on your post.
    Finally got it small enough to upload LOL!

Gallery
    View images
    wow that was quick... we cross posted. ha ha.
    like I said... great sketch.

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by gzairborne
    wow that was quick... we cross posted. ha ha.
    like I said... great sketch.
    Thank you! You like the effects?

Gallery
    View images
    Nice sketch. I like the color choice.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Gallery
    View images
    I suppose you could fiddle with this to no end ... dissatisfied as you are with the fact that it is not a replication of some character. Or, you could just leave it as it is because it's brilliant. In other words: don't apologize for the "shortcomings" that others are not going to know about. What you've done here is wonderful! Oh, and welcome to the forum ... I hope we'll see more from you.

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertSWade
    I suppose you could fiddle with this to no end ... dissatisfied as you are with the fact that it is not a replication of some character. Or, you could just leave it as it is because it's brilliant. In other words: don't apologize for the "shortcomings" that others are not going to know about. What you've done here is wonderful! Oh, and welcome to the forum ... I hope we'll see more from you.
    Ah! Well, I'm buddies with a real art critic, and she has helped me with a lot of my pics, so I'm used to criticism and I even crit myself and others. Anyways this is a replication of a character in a way... it's an anime character and a real pretty boy! I'm not looking for an exact replication anyway, more like, it's another doodle that became a favourite character.

Anyways, thank you! I was just wondering though if the eyes or nose needed adjustment or anything like that, not to look like 'Zoisite' but more for an anatomy/proportion correction. I have problems sometimes with my proportions being off and with eyes, ears, and noses being in the wrong place. Check out my deviantart gallery to see what I mean: http://sanjouin-dacapo.deviantart.com

I'm trying for semi-realism with some anime influences, so I don't stick to drawing generic guitar pick-faced characters all the time. BTW, do any of you guys have photos of yourselves that you wouldn't mind me using as references for studies? I'd like to try that and some full-body photos as well! Figure-drawing is a great way to learn how the body works and draw better ^^