ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Paride's choice WIP progress

Paride's choice WIP progress

I used the feature of three of our lovely lady mates to represent the three goddesses (one was a side view guess looking to a frontal picture).
    I only used three reference pictures of them, the rest is pure imagination of mine.
    I also put some more colour and tones.
    Still some work to finish, but can You recognise them?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	parideschoicesketch2_101.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	129.9 KB 
ID:	15202  
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Ok lemme think for a second here......

Athena
    Aphrodite
    Demeter/Hera? (dont know if you call them the same in english)

Nice idea nonetheless!!

See yourself as a fallen angel...

Left to right ... Nika maybe, Selby almost certainly, and not a clue. Also, who's the guy in the speedos?

To Mirage: from the left; Athena (Greek)/ Minaerva (Latin), Hera (Greek)/ Juno (Latin), Aphrodite (Greek)/ Venus (Latin). There's not Demetra (Greek)/ Ceres (Latin). Quite good with mythology! :wink:

To Bob: You're right so far, but You did not guess the last one (Idiotique). As for the guy Paris (Paride in Italian), if You wish to take the responsibility to choose among those beauties, I can put Your features (You've got the right kind of beard at least). :lol:

I'm like Bob.. Nika and Selby for sure, but still guessing on the third.. Real nice work Caesar.. I'm sure when I find out who the third is I will be shouting "Of course, of course".. Keep up the good paintings Caesar.. Always love to see your work..
    Click Upper Right To Visit My Gallery

I wasn't really sure, I couldn't choose between Hera or Demeter. But I think I did just fine :wink:

And again love the idea!!

Thanks Rick for appreciating my efforts.
    Actually I made a mistake having the figure and the background on the same layer, so my productivity cannot be as fast as I wish because I will have to go on around the figures now, but I think I can complete it reasonably fast.
    P.S. the third figure is a recent "behind the brush" addition (among the ones still attending), i.e. IdiotiQue. Obviously since I do not know them visually and they did not post a "model book", I can only guess from a picture or a low resolution avatar even in a quite different pose (as it was for Nika).

Dear Mirage, You were quite right and You show a great classic mythological culture (I guess You're strong also with the nordic mythiology, the asi, Odin, Thor, Loki etc.).
    In the specific case though it was Hera/ Juno only because actually she was among the three competing for Paris golden apple award.
    Should I paint in future Demetra/ Ceres (mother of Persefone/ Proserpina kidnapped and married by Ades/ Pluto), as a hint and attribute, she would be bearing some crop. I also apologise to have painted Aphrodite/ Venus without Eros/ Cupidus flying with the little "love" bow! :lol:

There's no need for you to apologise :wink:

I know something of Nordic mythology but not much, but I've been wanting to look into it more recently. Mostly for the close connection seeing my location and for new painting ideas. The Nordic mythology always had a certain attraction apart from Greek and Egyptian.

Here's another step.
    The background scene is substantially completed unless You hav some suggestion, advice or correction to propose, dear friends.
    Next It will be time to struggle with the figures which are still to be fully carved out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	parischoicewip3_550.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	159.9 KB 
ID:	15213  

Great idea! I was going to guess Idiotique for the third figure, but you already told everyone. :wink:
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.