ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: color changes on paper

color changes on paper

weirdest thing...can someone else see if they can reproduce what is happening here..

create new painting, default size, grain=canvas, roughness 4%, Scale 2%, Opacity 100, Metal 0..paper=white.

Add blank layer

Select crayon, size=any above 28 , softness 75, pressure 50. I'm using bright orange color but it does it with any color.

on blank layer start at top of page and draw a straight or diagonal line down to bottom. Does the crayon color get darker as it gets toward the bottom of page ??

let me know, thanks
    Why follow me to higher ground lost as you swear I am

Oh I see it's a lighting thing since toggling F5 prevents this from happening...sorry for wasting your time ops:

Also check the metallic slider at the bottom of the colour-picker. The more metallic the paint the more obvious the lighting effects become.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Thanks Andy, that was actually the first place I looked thinking that was the problem ... funny how I never noticed the true effect that lighting really has on an image in Artrage. Good to know either way. Thanks again.