ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tell Me Which Image Looks Best

Tell Me Which Image Looks Best

Recently posted this image in the gallery. Looking back at the steps of progression to complete the image I decided to try some changes.
    Took the first image and added the top part of the branch that seemed to appear better by loading as a tracing image and then converting to a layer. After that the parts that were not desired were erased and then the two layers were merged.

I would certainly appreciate some comments on which image looks best the first finished image or the second image with changes made.

Here is the very first image in a stage of Work In Process.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    The very first digital art program that I worked with Art Rage 1

You may visit my personally designed website at: www.stephenlopiano.com
    There is one section full of pages there under the Digital Artwork category that is devoted entirely to paintings I have created with Art Rage.

First Completed Image

This is the first completed image that appeared in the gallery some time in the past.

There is one section full of pages there under the Digital Artwork category that is devoted entirely to paintings I have created with Art Rage.

Second Image With Some Changes Made

In this image parts of the tree branch were changed. For some reason the first image looked a bit strange, yet this is why I am looking for opinions here. My sense of judgment may be different than most people observing?

Youre asking about a reaction between the first attempt and the second. For me, its a matter of the contrast between the green leaves in version one and the brownish ones in version two. I think that in the first version, the leaves offer a bit more contrast with the stones beneath. In the second, the tree seems to blend in with the stones.

All is well done! Im just responding as you requested--for what its worth.
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

I love the variety of colors you put into your art. It gives you so much to look at without boring the eye. what could be causing a bit of distraction (imo) is the amount of detail you have added to the cars beyond the tree.

As objects get further from view their focus tends to blur and their details are lost. In your second piece, you added extra details to both the tree in the foreground and the cars in the background beyond it, while the mountains and other surrounds remain loosely painted. The focus of the two separate groups do not seem to follow along with the rest of the image.

As an experiment, perhaps you could try overlaying the tree details from the second image on top of the first image (where the cars are less detailed). This would add more focus to the tree in the foreground, which seems to be the main focus of the painting, because the cars would have less detail to draw attention away.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

The third one I'd say. In any case You have a gorgeous personal style reminding me of the greatest "naif" (in the sense of style and self taught) artists such as douhanier (custom officer) Rousseau and Antonio Ligabue.
    Bravo
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

#2 for sure. It is balanced and holds the style. VERy nice !
    Why follow me to higher ground lost as you swear I am

my vote's for the second one ...it cuts up that heavy line ( the trunk )

and the spikie leaves blends in more with the road.

good job on all of them

Steve

my vote goes for #2.
    I think it is the most balanced and interesting to looka at.

Hello again Stephen, well, this won't help much but i like #3 , it seems to combine the best of the other two, ,,,,, painting and style and scene are lovely !