Thread: closing artrage

Gallery
    View images

closing artrage

i dont know whether this is technical or suggestion, but felt like pointing it out...

if you draw and you dont save, and you have your artrage minimized,then you close artrage using the right click to close it, you dont get the message if you want to save or not or cancel,(you cant hear the sound effect as well) only when you maximize, so i was wondering did you guys want it to be this way, cause i minimize alot, and close using the right click on the tab at the taskbar.... i posted this cause i was just wondering nothing else, hence, technical or suggestion??

cheers!

Gallery
    View images
    Also, dunno if this is related, but if I start a new painting, export it as an image, and exit ArtRage (clicking on the "x" -- I don't exit from the File menu), I am not prompted to save my painting.

- Gita

Gallery
    View images
    Those both sound like bugs. I'll get Dave to add them to the buglist.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    Regarding JustG's note:

Can you tell me if you are making any paint strokes after creating the new image? This is what I'm finding so far ( expected ) but do feel free to let me know anything I'm doing differently from you.

2 cases:

1/ Create a new painting ( File -> New )
    2/ Export the painting as an image ( File -> Export as Image )
    3/ Click the X to close ArttRage.
    ArtRage closes ( expected - blank painting )

1/ Create a painting ( File -> New )
    2/ Make a stroke of media on the image
    3/ Export the painting as an image ( File -> Export as Image )
    4/ Click the X to close ArtRage
    ArtRage prompts to save ( expected - painting as changed without being saved )

I should also note I'm using ArtRage 2.11 and I did identify a bug in an earlier version with the save prompt from memory, not sure if that's relevant here. I'll confirm the original bug noted in a few moments. Just working on that one now.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    sbug51:

Thanks for that. I tested it here with ArtRage 2.11 and I get the following behaviour. Just making sure again that this is what you're seeing:

1/ Open ArtRage
    2/ Make a stroke of paint
    3/ Minimise ArtRage
    4/ Right click on ArtRage in the Windows taskbar and select "Close"

Nothing happens at this point. No dialog appears. If Artrage is clicked on in the taskbar, it maximises again and I see the "Your painting has changed since the last save. Do you wish to save it?" dialog.

This is currently because we do the dialog internal to the ArtRage window. This could definitely be improved, either by making ArtRage maximise and display the dialog when you choose to close, or having a dialog pop up right then and there ( just like say, notepad, if you try to do the same thing ). I've added it to the buglist for us to look at. Do let me know if you're seeing something else though! Thanks =)
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    Sorry Dave, I can't seem to reproduce it now, must've been delirious or something. I'll follow up if I observe the behaviour repeat itself. Thanks for looking into it, apologies for the inconvenience.

.g

Gallery
    View images
    Not at all! I'll look into this some more if it may be intermittant. Always happy to hear about strangeness people are experiencing! =)
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    hey Dave! thank you for your great work! yeah its the same way as you described it i felt like it is meant to be internal... thats why i wasn't sure if it was a bug or something else.... and yeah i figured that it should be able to maximize

Cheers!